𝐈𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐈

Leah White

"Leah, wake up!" 

"Leah, please!" 

"I cannot live without you!"

Leah woke up with a start. Why was her mind summoning Sirius Black into her dreams? 

Leah sat up in her bed. The room she was in was dark, and didn't seem at all like her cozy bed in the Gryffindor common room. First of all, the bed was a little uncomfortable. Second, there was no red curtain hangings. Third, there was a needle stuck up her arm. 

Leah was deathly afraid of needles. As soon as she saw the IV like needle, she screamed internally. Leah realized where she was. Why was she in the hospital wing? Then she saw the scars. Loads of them. 

She took a deep breath, then looked around. It was day, but then where was Madam Pomfrey? Leah wished there was a little bell she could ring that would summon Madam Pomfrey to her. 

She vaguely remembered what had happened to her that caused this. There was a figure coming closer, asking her for locations.......she said she didn't know....then things went a little blurry, but Leah saw the hooded figure raising a wand...muttering the torture curse......Leah could still feel the hoarseness in her voice from all the screaming....soon after that a knife was taken out....and then Leah must have fallen into unconsciousness. 

Leah let out a little squeak of fear, which Madam Pomfrey apparently heard, then came running over to her. 

"Miss White, you're awake!" Madam Pomfrey said in relief. "You are mostly cleaned up and healed, except for the scars, we can get rid of the knife scars by this potion, but the curse scars will never go away." 

"H-how do you know there was a knife?" Leah asked weakly, as she tried to lay back down. Her back ached. 

Madam Pomfrey chuckled. "I'm a matron, Miss White, I know knife scars when I see one," 

"Oh." Leah was intrigued. Most of the scars were from the knife; the smallest ones were from Crucio. So she didn't mind that much about the scars not going away, not unless they hurt. But she was interested to see the scars going away. 

Madam Pomfrey poured a jar of some pink liquid on to a spoon, and handed it to Leah. "Don't drink it right away, hold the spoon in your mouth and keep it there for thirty seconds." Madam Pomfrey instructed. 

Leah sat up again and took the spoon, then placed it carefully in her mouth. Unlike some other medicine she had tasted, this one tasted horrible. Leah had to use all her self-restraint to keep it in her mouth. 

Leah watched as Madam Pomfrey got another jar of liquid ready, this one black. "You may drink the potion now," Madam Pomfrey said, and Leah drank it, as disgusting as it was. 

"Now, Miss White, do you remember anything from last night?" 

"Uh- yes, everything." Leah replied. She was too busy watching the scars slide away on her arms and stomach.  

"Oh okay, then just take a sip of this potion," Madam Pomfrey handed her a small medicine cup filled with the black potion. Leah drank it. This one tasted okay, like black licorice, which she was not the biggest fan of. 

As soon as she drank it, Leah found her memory going blurry. Blurry, blurry then dark. What had happened exactly? She knew why she was in the hospital wing, she knew about the knife and curse, but she didn't have those traumatizing memories of sitting on the floor in the courtyard anymore. What exactly was she doing in the courtyard at midnight in the first place? Leah couldn't even remember.