~ Shower caps ~

"Are you gonna be like this the entire time we're home?" Eddie groaned, still slightly shaken up

"Are you gonna be like this the entire time we're home?" Eddie groaned, still slightly shaken up. Elaine looked around, digging through piles of junk as she blocked out the sound of Eddie and Richie's banter. She kneeled over, pulling the lid off a cardboard box. Bill leant over Elaine, scanning the items inside the box.

Elaine's first edition Polaroid camera sat buried at the bottom, several pictures they'd taken on top covering it. She flipped through them, admiring their happy faces at the quarry and arcade. She sighed, shoving the photos into the band of her skirt with the idea of possibly restoring them when she got back home. If she got back home. "Hey, guys," Bill shouted, pulling a tin can from inside the bin.

Elaine's heart flushed as she remembered what it was. Though it seemed like an old reused bean can, it meant way more than that. "S-Stanley's," Bill shuddered, reading the scribbled writing over the can, "For the use of l-l-losers only," Elaine's lip quivered at the mention of Stanley as she walked over to Richie, reaching for any sense of comfort. Richie wrapped his arms around his wife, her head against his chest.

Everyone stayed quiet, not quite sure what to say as they watched Bill open up the rusty can. He pulled out cheap shower caps, each adorned with different colours and patterns. Stan grinned, pulling bright shower caps out of an old bean canister. He passed the patterned caps around the room, everyone getting an assigned design.

He walked over to Elaine and Richie, the two laying quietly in the hammock together. Their faces were both hidden behind books. Elaine's face was concealed by her large limited edition of Romeo and Juliet while Richie sat behind his thin Marvel comic book. Elaine dropped her book, revealing her face as she thanked Stanley for the cap he handed her.

She stared down at it, her thumb rubbing over the cheap plastic. For once in his life, Richie lay calmly beside her. Unbothered, his face stayed concentrated beneath his comic book as he continued to ignore everything going on. Stan shook his shoulder, finally making him drop it in pure annoyance.

He held out a shower cap for him to take but Richie only stared at the item in confusion, "What the fuck is this?" He asked baffled, yanking it out of Stanley's grip. He scanned the item, trying to figure out what it could possibly be. "Shower cap," Elaine informed him, popping the p. Richie raised an eyebrow at her, still confused on why he would need a shower cap while inside the clubhouse.

Stan smiled proudly, "It's so you don't get spiders stuck in your hair," Richie groaned, "Stanley, we're not afraid of fucking spiders!" He spoke for himself. Stan smirked as he moved out of the way, revealing the rest of the losers with their caps on. Elaine's eyes widened as she slowly lowered the cap from her head.