~ Not again ~

Elaine whined, running to stand in front of the house on Neibolt

Elaine whined, running to stand in front of the house on Neibolt. Even after twenty-seven years, the house still had the same effect as before. Bill stood on the porch, ready to go inside. It could've been a recreation of the scene they'd all lived back as kids. "Bill, stop!" Beverly yelled after him. It almost seemed like Bill was relieved they'd come to follow him, but he wasn't going to let them know that.

Elaine stared at the creepy house, the darkness outside making it even creepier. "No, no, no! Go home, all of you. Listen, I-I started all of this. It's my f-fault that you're all here." Bill stuttered, aggravating him even more. He had worked so hard to get rid of the speech impediment and here it was, back in full force. "T-This curse, this fucking thing that's inside y-you-all." Bill cursed at himself.

"It started growing the day I made you g-g-go down to the Barrens to find G-Georgie." Elaine gulped, remembering the younger boy who'd gone missing after Chris's death. Bill turned to face the house, "Now, I'm g-going to go in there, and I don't know what's going to happen but I'm not asking for you guys to c-come," "Well, good thing we aren't asking you either." Richie snorted stepping forwards, he'd made it this far anyways.

"We didn't do it alone back then, so we aren't going to do it alone now." Mike stood his ground, still determined to end this once and for all. "Losers stick together," Ben agreed with him. Bill smiled, "I-I think R-Richie said it best last time we were here," Everyone looked to Richie, his face scrunched up in confusion. "I did?" Bill nodded, Richie trying to remember what he'd said.

"I don't wanna die?" Bill shook his head, "Not that." Richie continued, "You're lucky we aren't measuring dicks?" Elaine withered in disgust, recalling how he'd said that in the house. Bill laughed negligibly, "No," Richie perked up, thinking maybe he'd finally remembered what he'd said, "Let's kill this fucking clown?" Bill bobbed proudly, letting Richie know he'd finally gotten the right answer.

Standing taller, Richie repeated his words in a different tone. "Let's kill this fucking clown." The group walked into the old house, Elaine gripping Richie's hand tightly as she promised she wouldn't let go of him this time around. At least not after last time. "Wow, I love what he's done with the place," Richie muttered, trying to get a laugh out of someone. "Beep-beep, Richie." Beverly muttered.

Bill led the group down a dusty hallway and into what Elaine remembered to be the kitchen. She squeezed Richie's hand as she remembered passing out in the center. "Hey, that's the basement, right?" Richie pointed, letting go of Elaine to help Bill move a few boxes. They opened the door, Elaine wandering down the creaking steps with no grip on her husband's hand.

A loud howl unexpectedly chimed through the rickety home, making Elaine jump and turn back. Right as she went running back, her heel caught on an old step, tugging her to the ground by the well. Adrenaline pumping through her veins, Elaine quickly got back up, ignoring the now excruciating pain coming from her head. She'd almost been able to get to the door when suddenly, it slammed shut.

She dizzily stood up, wobbling in her red heels as she tried to walk back toward the stairs. She fell, landing on her hands and scrapping them raw. Richie's continuous pounding on the door suddenly stopped when the sound of weeping started again. Not the baby. "Are you fucking kidding me?!" Elaine yelled, cursing at both the pain in her body and the sound she was constantly being haunted by.

Covering her ars, Elaine swung herself back and forth. "Richie, get me out!" She cried furthermore, the baby's sobs masking the sound of the losers yelling for her on the other side. "Richie!" She yelled in distress, struggling to catch her breath as she wept loudly. The crying only became louder, driving Elaine to insanity. This meant something was approaching her. But you see, Pennywise didn't need to physically hurt Elaine to make her to feel fear.

Feeling yourself die would be scary, but watching someone else die while you're the one hidden behind the gun, that was the real terror. That's what made Elaine so different from the rest of the Losers. "Let me out!" She screeched, scratching the door as the crying pierced her ears. "You did this to me!" Pennywise's voice dropped again, meaning he was in the room with her.

"You aren't real!" She sobbed, trying to cover both her ears and eyes. "You are going to pay!" The clown giggled, lunging for her. Elaine turned, resorting to banging on the door again. The clown yanked her hand away, grasping it tightly as Elaine tried to pull away, "They'll come back for me!" Elaine cried harder. "They can't hear you, Dolly," He chortled hysterically. She shook back and forth, trying to get out of its grip.

"They don't need you! You are weak!" Pennywise laughed. And for a moment, Elaine did believe him, letting herself be consumed by his words. The pounding on the door behind her finally started again, snapping her out of her thoughts. The clown's face sank, disappointed they'd come back for her after his distraction on the other side. He thought he'd had them under control.

Elaine smiled softly, muttering cockily "I told you so," Opening the door, she was engulfed in one of Richie's worried hugs. "Fuck, you scared me," He stroked her hair. Hugging him in return, Elaine noticed Richie's face soaked in some sort of mucus. "What happened?" She asked him sniffing, using her shirt to wipe away the grossness. "Never mind what happened to me, what the fuck happened to you?!"

He pushed her question away, still horrified of her fearsome screams from the basement. "The crying came back," She inhaled, wiping her nose. Elaine reached for the back of her head, looking down at her white sleeve covered in blood. "Fuck," Her hand shook, wiping it on her black skirt. He struggled to maintain composure, realizing the severity of the situation. "Shit, shit, shit," He rambled, concern etched across his face. Elaine, still in shock, nodded silently.

In a frantic effort, Richie grabbed a nearby cloth, attempting to stem the bleeding from the back of Elaine's head. The other's joined in, offering makeshift bandages, their faces reflecting Richie's. Elaine, though still in shock, managed a faint smile amidst the chaos. She ripped another piece off her shirt, knotting it in her hair in order to make a ponytail. "How do I look?" She spoke softly, her eyes still full of fear.

Beverly chuckled, "Badass," and Elaine responded with a grateful smile. "Hot," Richie added, nudging Elaine's side before letting go. Elaine rolled her eyes at his behavior; it seemed there was never a bad time for Richie to compliment her. "You know you love the compliments," He teased, trying to inject a hint of normalcy into the tense atmosphere. Elaine managed a small smile, grateful for his banter despite the dire circumstances.