Chapter 2: The Graduation

I was so excited for graduation. Me, Alissa, and Kena were all getting ready for the graduation. Doing makeup, and all that stuff. We were talking about what we think high school will be like. "Do you think we will still be friends," I asked. "Well, I think we all hope so," said Kena. "I don't. I think life should go on and I don't think it's normal to be friends with someone forever," said Alissa.

I was waiting so impatiently for the principal to call my name. Kena got to do a speech because she was president of Student Council. "I know my sucess this year came from my good grades. My good grades came from hard work. And hard work came from the people who pushed me to work hard. So, want to give a special thanks to Alissa Evans for encouraging me to be popular, Tony Wena for being a good friend, Jacob Harding for bringing this friend group together, and the most special thanks to Karly Jane for encouraging me to have fun, work hard, and to even become president of Student Council." That was Kena's speech.

I was honored about being in Kena's speech, but still it was hard to show that when I was anxiously waiting for my name to be called. I was sitting next to Alissa, Jacob, Tony, and Kena. We were still chatting about high school "I think we will still be friends in high school," Jacob said.

I saw Alissa getting very upset, she kept looking at me and Kena like she had something to say to just us. Tony's name had just been called. After Tony left and the guys were hyping up Tony it was just the girls, "I'm not going to high school with you guys, my mom doesn't want me to live with her anymore, I'm going to live in Chicago with my dad," Alissa said.

"Oh, Alissa I'm so sorry, we will miss you so much," I said, but inside I was screaming with joy. Of course, I would miss Alissa, but I thought about having Jacob back.

"My dad doesn't want me to date Jacob anymore, he thinks I should meet new people," Alissa said. "Oh, I'm so super sorry Alissa, guess Jacob will have to find a new girlfriend," I said.

About twenty minutes passed with the friend group sitting in silence, my name was called. "Karly Jane Roberts, please come up to the stage to accept your award and do your speech," the principal announced.

As I went up there, I was confused, maybe there was a mistake. You see I was Student Council vice president. I did not know that every member who had a position in Student Council had to do a speech.

"So, I did not know I had to do a speech, so here are my thoughts. I have had an amazing year; I want to thank Jacob Harding and Kena Williams, for always being there. Jacob and Kena built this friend group and were just straight up amazing friends to me. I would also like to thank Tony, for never failing to make anyone in the friend group smile or laugh. I would also like to thank everyone who voted me for vice president of Student Council!" That was my speech.

I went back to my seat and Alissa had the angriest look ever on her face. I asked why she was upset, and she said, "I don't want to talk about it right now." I could tell it was something about me. We waited the rest of the graduation to be over.

Then Alissa pulled me into a different room. "Wow Karly, WHY THE HECK WAS I NOT IN YOUR SPEECH!" Alissa said. "Wow Alissa, watch your language." I replied with a very smug look on my face.