Chapter 3: Summer Break

Well, me and Alissa fought over why she wasn't in my speech. The reason was because she was never my friend, she may have been Jacob and Kena's friend but not mine or Tony's. See me and Tony didn't trust her, so we never told her anything important. 

Alissa was kind of just someone we hung out with to make Kena and Jacob happy. Finally, Alissa told everyone about her moving. Jacob was devastated because Alissa broke up with him. This meant I would have to make him feel better about this over summer.

One week after school ended me and Jacob were already back to how we used to be. I liked it that way. We were bowling one day with Kena and Tony, and we were having so much fun. I don't think Jacob even cares about Alissa anymore. Yes, I missed Alissa, but I like it better this way.

Me and Jacob were best friends until one day in June when we were at the mall. "Hey Karly, I know we've been hanging out a lot. And I like you. And I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend?" Jacob said. I was screaming inside I was trying to stay calm. "I like you too, and yes I would love to be your girlfriend" I said.

We didn't tell anyone at all. We did still go out a lot. One thing is that he was always on his phone texting Alissa. That worried me. I decided I was going to text her and tell her we were dating and to back off. That obviously made her mad, but I just blocked her on my phone and his phone. 

I still thought he was talking to other people. Which worried me as well.