Get Back Up Again

☆

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Training with Sir Nighteye wasn't as easy as you hoped it would be. You expected the training to be more physical with weights, running and fighting. However, the man only made you fly around with your heavy hardened wings.

"If you want to improve with your stamina, work on staying in the air longer," the adult frowned after watching you harden your wings.

"Wouldn't it be better to do gym exercises if I wanted to make my stamina better?" You tilted your head in confusion. "I can already fly for a while."

'But can you fly for the same amount of time with your wings like that?' he retorted, making you look back at the matte (w/c) shade of your quirk. "I saw the sports festival, I'm not stupid. When you went up against the green-haired girl, you spun in the air and sliced through the plants."

"That was adrenaline making me do that," you blinked owlishly. "It took a lot of energy as well, I could barely do it."

"And that's why you're going to expand your limits. You'll practise so you use less energy to pull a stunt like that," the golden-eyed male replied. You looked at him with a mixed expression of understanding and dread.

'Yes sir...'

And now here you were, hovering over the comfort of your bed with your wings hardened. The urge to flop down onto the soft material of the mattress was almost unbearable, but you managed to refrain from doing so.

"Ughhh," a groan escaped from your lips as you flipped over and flew closer to the ceiling. Your hair began to dangle as you tipped yourself down 180 degrees, staying in that position as if you were hanging upside-down from a tree branch. 

The time was now 5:30pm, and you had started this hellish training at 8:00am. The goal was to remain in the air for a continuous hour, however, due to the fact that you kept failing, you were constantly made to restart. Training wouldn't finish until that hour was complete.

Suddenly, the sound of buzzing caught your attention. Rolling over in the air, you turned your gaze to meet your phone, which was now lit up from having someone call you. You flew closer to look at the culprit behind the phone call.

Your eyes lit up when you read the name.

'Mei...!' 

Grabbing the device, you were quick to accept the call.

"Hello!" You cringed when you realised how loud you had greeted her. From the other side of the line you could hear her laughing, which only fuelled your embarrassment.

"Fairy-chan! How're ya doing?!" She yelled back excitedly. "I've heard all about what you did in Hosu. You're all over the news you know!" 

In her own room, Hatsume held her phone between her cheek and shoulder as she fiddled with a device she was putting together. A copy of the newspaper her dad had bought earlier in the day laid next to her on the desk she was sat at, the headline written in bold.