An Unreasonable Excuse

☆

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Iida's POV

"Iida you were holding out on us I had no idea you could go that fast!"

The short complaints of Uraraka fell upon the ears of those who walked past her as she ran on the spot in front of me.

"Rest assured it wasn't my intention to deceive you, I was only being strategic," I informed her, moving my hands in my usual chopping motion. Kaminari piped in, still in his short circuited mode. 

"Wheyyy" ['I'm hungry.'] Unintentionally ignoring the blond haired boy, I continued to speak. 

"I merely wanted to show that I could compete with Midoriya," I explained. 

"You're always trying to one-up each other," the brunette replied. Her eyes widened at her own comment, making her look around. "Oh speaking of which, where'd he go? Has anyone seen Deku?" I looked over the heads of the other students exiting the arena. 

"Perhaps he stayed back with (L/n)-san." I suggested. "She doesn't seem to be around either."

"I wonder if it's important?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midoriya's POV

I stood next to (L/n) against the wall of the area's entrance, fidgeting under the intense glare of my dual haired classmate. He hadn't spoken much, the only thing he had said before was a demand that the two of us followed him. (L/n) hasn't said anything either. Clearing my throat, I decided to be the first to speak up.

"So...What did you want to talk about?" I inquired. Todoroki's narrowed eyes never wavered as my face turned into one of discomfort. "If we don't hurry, the cafeteria will probably be crowded..." He waited for a response from either you or the heterochromia eyed male. His silent pleas of one of you to talk didn't work, as the two of you remained quiet.  

"Um..." I gulped nervously, looking down slightly. 'He gives off a cold intimidation, different from Kacchan.' I quickly took a glance at my female classmate next to me. 'And (L/n)-san gives off a determine yet angry intimidation. If they were to start fighting--'

"I was overpowered." (L/n) and I met Todoroki's gaze as he finally spoke. "So much that I broke my pledge." 

'He didn't use it even if it would be an advantage...' I recalled. I looked over to (L/n) again. She was still glaring at him, not saying a word. 'His left side...'

"Iida, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami, Uraraka..." Todoroki began as he looked down at his left hand. "None of them felt it. At that last instant, I was the only one who was overpowered. Only me, who had experienced All Might's full power up close." I flinched as my mind raced.