59

“FUN FACT, THIS TOWN HAS the biggest ball of yarn in the country. And nobody's seen anything strange." Josie said as she approached Lizzie and Jaxon who were sitting on the fountain lazily while Hope walked towards them at the same time after having looked around.

"This isn't exactly a hotspot of activity," Lizzie spoke up from behind the two girls who were standing, facing each other. "Our hopes of finding anything are going up in smoke."

Jaxon rolled his eyes at Lizzie's words, knowing very well what she was doing. Apparently, Hope caught up on that too as she turned to Lizzie, giving her her full attention, "wait, are you passive-aggressively referring to that fire in my dorm room three years ago?"

"You mean the one that you set on purpose to sabotage our spring break trip with our dad?" Lizzie asked, "no, Hope. Why would I talk about that?"

Hop scoffed, "Dude, you've lost it."

"Girls." Jaxon scolded, mimicking Alaric's voice.

"Not now, Jax." Hope and Lizzie said at the same time, dismissing him. He rolled his eyes at that and was about to say something when Lizzie interjected, saying to Hope, "The only thing that we lost was a week of quality family time. Dad had to cancel the trip to deal with the damage. So mission accomplished."

"You guys are just talking about ancient history," Josie said, "Ow! Something stung me."

Lizzie and Hope walked towards her as she rolled up her sleeve, revealing a disgusting pimple.

"Ew," Hope said, scrunching her nose up in disgust at the same time as Lizzie gagged, "gross."

Jaxon stood up and made his way towards them, "come on, it can't be that ba—" he cut himself off when his eyes settled on Josie's arm, "—that's the second time you're making me wanna puke today, Jo."

"What the hell did this?" Josie whispered, staring at her arm with a disgusted look on her own face. Just then, the sound of buzzing and people screaming filled Jaxon's ears. He turned around and saw a million of insects flying, coming in their direction with people screaming.

"Run," he said, nudging the others who turned to look at where he was looking, "run!" He shouted as they began running. The group ran in the direction of a shop and once they were inside, Hope shut the door using her magic.

"What the hell was that?" Lizzie breathed out as the others stared out of the window of the shop and once they noticed that it was clear, they stepped out.

"We need to find your dad. This way," Hope said to Lizzie and Josie as they began walking on the street.

"Does this way take us past the fire station?" Lizzie asked making Hope exhale in disbelief, "Oh, my God. We barely just survived a biblical plague. For the last time, I didn't start that fire, and I've never ruined a spring break."

"Yeah, Lizzie, now's not the time—" Josie was cut off by Lizzie who looked at Hope, "Fifth grade. You callously gave me the flu while we were building our float for witch week. With global warming, I may never see the Florida Keys. That's on you."

"We built it with Alyssa Chang, who had pneumonia over spring break," Hope defended, "it wasn't me, and neither was that fire."

"Um, hey..." Josie halted in her steps, mumbling as she stared at her arm. Jaxon was the only one to stop walking to go towards her while the others were arguing.

"Why did I see you giving us a death glare through the window?" Lizzie asked Hope just as Jaxon gagged as he stared at Josie's arm, "It's a good thing that I am unable to puke."

"There's a boil on my boil," Josie informed the other two who looked at her arm. "Oh, God!" Lizzie breathed out while Hope's eyes widened, "ew!"

"I think I'm gonna be sick again," Josie mumbled as they began walking again, " pick up the pace, Mikaelson. My sister needs—" Lizzie cut herself off when they saw several men wearing a yellow suit cleaning around and ushering people inside buses.

"Everyone get on the buses so we can help them," one of the Man wearing suits said, pointing to the buses.

"Medical attention?" Lizzie questioned.

"They all have this thing like Jo," Jaxon said with a frown while looking around. "Think Ric's probably there."

"Wait. Jax, can't you just heal Josie?" Lizzie asked Jaxon whose brows raised in realisation. "Indeed, yes, I can," he shot Josie an apologetic look which was mixed with amusement as well, "sorry, I forgot."

"Then do it."

"Give me your hand," He stated and Josie held her infected hand forward. He scrunched up his nose in disgust, shaking his head, "I'm not touching that. Give me your other hand."

Rolling her eyes, Josie held her other hand forward and Jaxon grabbed it before closing his eyes. His veins on the hand that he was using to hold Josie's hand were glowing as he tightened his grip around her hand. After a few seconds, the glowing died down and Josie's hand was completely heal. The disgusting thing was no longer there.

"Thank you," Josie shot him a small smile which he returned, "now let's go find Ric."