14. Grocery shop

"I need two more minutes of your attention

"I need two more minutes of your attention." Coach screams from the sideline of the field. I am still passing the ball with Austin who has been doing all kinds of tricks. I noticed that he does tricks whenever he is starting to get bored. And let me tell you that the guy gets bored easily when he has to do something he rather doesn't do.

"Do you think she is finally going to tell it to the team?" He doesn't say what but I know what he means. Coach hasn't said a thing about me becoming the new team captain. And it is hard to not tell everybody on the team when they are doing something stupid. But I am keeping myself low and I wait till she is ready for it.

I have been doing the whole waiting thing for more people lately. I have given Brynn space and haven't said anything about the kiss but that doesn't mean I am not thinking about it. It is the only thing I think about and it is irritating that I can't do it again.

Brynn is still texting me which is a good sign but she is also blushing a lot more when I am around her. Whenever I touch her, which is something that I didn't like to do before I met her, she goes full-on red. It helps that she is spending a lot more time on the field since Coach gives her more time than the previous one.

She even offered to help them practice once a week because their own coach doesn't do a thing. He barely shows up and when he does, he is mostly on his phone playing some games. I am quite sure that he doesn't even know the basic rules of soccer if you would ask him. And I hate that I can't do a thing about it.

But maybe once I turn team captain officially I can talk with coach about the girls' soccer team. She adores Brynn and doesn't bother hiding it from us. She even brings up her name whenever she gives us a speech about how we should act. I am quite sure that she sees herself in Brynn when she was younger.

It is a hard world for women, especially in the soccer world.

"I am not going to beat around the bush with you guys. I have decided who is going to be the new team captain." She looks around the team as if she didn't already tell me that it is going to be me. "Mason Scott, come forward and greet your team."

All the guys start to whisper because I am the new guy on the team. But she probably looked up my past and saw some of the videos that my previous coach took of me. I am quite good if I have to say it myself. Sure Dallas is also good but he wants to be liked by everybody while I don't really care about that. I just want to win and that means criticizing them when they do something wrong.

"Thank you so much, coach." I stand beside her now and I can tell that most of them aren't happy with me. "I know that we started on a bad track because of how I acted. I hope you can all forgive me for that. It was hard getting from a different team to this one because we were always scared to play against you."

I wasn't entirely lying because my previous team was scared to play against Boston. We all decided to train more whenever we had to play them because they are good. "I want to start a group chat where we can do some weekly or monthly meet-ups. Teambuilding activities or something like that."