29. Just dance

"Why is it that she gets all the credit while sitting down?" Flora, Mason's sister asks me

"Why is it that she gets all the credit while sitting down?" Flora, Mason's sister asks me. Her mom said yes to one dance but didn't stand up. She just moved her hands while Flora did the whole choreography.

"Just dance is a scam." Her mother chuckles when I take the remote. I get beside Flora and stretch, making it a big deal that she likes. Flora seems like the kind of girl that takes everything seriously. Even a game as just dance.

"But I am the champion of it." She turns her head to the right not believing me. "My brothers and I played this all the time. They said they did it because our parents said so but they actually love it. It is their guilty pleasure."

"They are just like Mason then. He says he doesn't like it but we all know differently." Flora is just like he described her and better. Her hair is back to pink which she apparently had done because her brother said he didn't like it.

And since she knew she was going to see him. She dyed her hair again so he would see it in real life. And maybe also because she likes her pink hair a bit too much.

"Quite sure that he plays this with Landon when they are doing one of their movie nights." She goes through all the dances before settling on the one she wants us to do. "They probably do that after they are done cuddling."

Her mother laughs from the couch at something on her phone. "Landon has sent me multiple pictures of them together on the couch. I really would have thought they would get together." She turns her phone and shows me all the pictures of them.

It mostly consists of Landon smiling while Mason is not even trying to smile. He clearly wasn't a fan of taking pictures. Just like he told me, he rather is on the other side of the camera.

"But I am glad he finally decided to man up and date you. I don't think that I could get through another call with him moping." Laughing, Flora takes my hand so we can start to dance.

I didn't lie to her about me playing just dance with my brothers. We did that after we were done playing soccer. During winter, just dance was the only thing we did because outside was too cold. And they might never admit it but they all loved it.

Whenever I didn't feel like playing it because I was too tired or didn't feel like it. They said it was a family tradition that I couldn't change. I had to be part of it even if I didn't want to.

But today is different because Flora is actually really good. She should consider being a dancer because she does all the movements effortlessly. On the other hand, I was glad that I got them done without falling on my ass.

"Flora, where did you learn to dance like that?" After the dance is done, she is ready for another one while I am ready to fall asleep. It was a brutal soccer practice and I came to Mason's apartment expecting him. But instead, I was met with his mother baking cookies.

She didn't even ask my name because she knew who I was. She didn't even bother asking me what I was doing here because she just gave me a cookie and went to the couch. She was just like Mason had described her. A beautiful woman who has a heart of gold.