Chapter 6 - Safe House

Clint landed the jet in the middle of an open field, leading the Avengers out and to a farmhouse.

"What is this place?" Thor asked as they walked up the front steps.

"A safe house," Tony repeated what Clint had told him.

"Let's hope," Clint said over his shoulder before opening the front door and walking inside. "Honey?" he called. "I'm home." A woman walked into the room, clearly pregnant. "Hi. Company," he said about the figures behind him that she was staring at. "Sorry, didn't call ahead." She walked forwards and gave him a kiss and a hug.

"This is an agent of some kind," Tony tried to explain to Thor, getting over his shock.

"Gentlemen, Annabelle, this is Laura," Clint introduced her.

She waved. "I know all of your names." She gave a small chuckle as they stood awkwardly in the living room. Tony gave a small wave as Steve put on a gentle smile.

"Ooh, incoming," Clint smiled as he heard footsteps running down the hall.

"Dad!" a little girl yelled as she ran in and Clint picked her up.

"Hi, sweetheart! Hey, buddy!" He pulled the older boy into a hug. "How are you guys doing?"

"These are... smaller agents," Tony tried.

"Look at your face. Oh my goodness," Clint smiled as he put his daughter down.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" she asked.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natashsa said before picking up the small girl who ran towards her.

"Sorry for barging in on you," Steve apologized to Laura.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed," Tony said as he looked at Clint.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined," he explained as he put an arm over Laura's shoulders. "He kept it off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low."

"Honey, I missed you," she smiled and Clint gave her another kiss. Annabelle looked down as she heard the sound of something breaking to see Thor staring down at the LEGO house he had broken.

"How's little Natasha doing?" Natasha asked Laura. Thor kicked the pieces under the chair he was standing next to.

"She's... Nathaniel."

Natasha's smile fell and she leant down to face Laura's stomach. "Traitor." Thor walked out of the house, Steve following. Annabelle watched out the window as he took off into the sky, Steve walking off a minute later.

"I can get you each some clothes and there's a shower down the hall if you want to take turns," Laura offered and the team split off, each getting a little bit more settled in.

***

"See? You worried for nothing," Clint assured her as she felt where his tissue had been replaced. "Can't even feel the difference, can you?"

"If they're sleeping here, some of them are gonna have to double up."

He laughed. "Yeah, that's not gonna sell. Annabelle and Steve would probably be fine to share. Or maybe her and Nat," he said as he went into the closet and changed.

"What about Nat and Dr. Banner? How long has that been going on?"

"Has what?"

She laughed. "You are so cute."