Chapter 11 - Battle for Sokovia - Part 1

"No way we all get through this," Tony said honestly as they got ready. "If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. There's gonna be blood on the floor."

"I got no plans tomorrow night," Steve smiled.

"I get first crack at the big guy," Tony called. "Iron Man's the one he's waiting for."

"That's true," Vision chimed in as he walked by. "He hates you the most." Annabelle bit her lip to hide a smile before following them all into the Quinjet. Annabelle grabbed the ear piece comms and handed them out, teaching Wanda and Pietro how to use them.

"Ultron knows we're coming," Steve addressed them. "Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their life in peace and that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them and we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field, keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him, it's about whether he's right." Steve looked over at Tony who looked back at him. "Bruce and Thor, you find Natasha. Tony, you get Ultron. The rest of us will help with the evacuation." They landed and split up, working around the city to get the people out as fast as they could. Wanda reached as far as she could at the other end of the city, going into people's minds and making them leave. Steve helped with the evacuation on the bridge as Annabelle and Pietro went door to door as fast as they could.

"That's all the buildings in this area," Annabelle told Pietro as she looked over a map. "There's still a lot more to go though and I don't know how long Tony can keep Ultron distracted."

"I'll get the police to help," Pietro offered, running off before returning a moment later, a gun in his hand.

"You didn't leave with a... Do I want to know?"

He shrugged, "They wouldn't get off their asses."

She chuckled, her face falling as the ground began to shake. "What the hell?" They looked up as Ultron's legion started flying through the sky after clawing their way up from underground. The people around them started screaming and running as the robots started attacking. Pietro turned, seeing some coming out of the ground and cracked his neck. He raced forwards, burning through them while Annabelle took out some of the others coming towards them. She turned as she felt a rush of air as he ended up next to her and she looked at the pile of metal he had caused. "Show off." He smirked before catching her as the entire city started to shake and crack. She clutched onto him as he grabbed her and ran away from the edge as the earth fell out from underneath them as Sokovia started to rise into the air.

"Do you see the beauty of it?" Ultron asked, projecting his voice in the air with all of the converted Iron Legion. "The inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me, it means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

"We need to do this fast," she said, looking at him.

"Fast is kind of my thing." She smiled and he smiled back before taking off as she extended her pole and started working her way through the city.

"Cap, you got incoming," Tony warned.

"Incoming already came in," he groaned. "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job: tear these things apart." Annabelle paused, her chest heaving as a pile of bots lay around her. "You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off." She cocked her head before continuing through the city. She helped direct frantic locals to the local authorities left in the part of the city that was flying. They tried to round up everyone left and get them to more safe areas as the Avengers divided up and tried to take down as many robots as they could.