「1 3」 o o p s

ADRIANA

the sun started to hit my face as I start to open my eyes, the events of last night was so fresh, i felt bad.

but why did my dad take it so calmly? like at least give me some sort oflecture.. yes i know I said I didn't want any but it's better than silence of disappointment,, you know.

it was a normal Saturday morning, or I thought it was, before I came across a newspaper.

"young boy dead at age of 16" i read aloud, before uncle noah quickly grabs it out of my hands, "that sounds really boring to read, let's grab some breakfast" he says, which I found odd, "but, i think I know that boy" i say, which uncle noah ignores my statement bringing me to the kitchen.

"baby do you want to go on a vacation with your uncle noah?" dad asks, "a vacation! yes" i say without even thinking,who wouldn't want to miss school, "great, after you eat, pack your some clothes, it'll just be for a month." he says, "wait, that's like weeks worth of school work." i started to say, "ah, i knew you'd say that so, i got them to put things on the classroom board." he says, "dad why aren't you coming?" I ask.

Since I've been really little, i had attachment issues with him, i didn't want to be any place without him, well last night was an example of just why I regretted sneaking out.

"I've got work to do, how else do we own such a luxurious place?" he states which he does have a fair point.

"okay daddy" i say, giving him a peck on the cheek before going back to my bedroom. I started to set out clothes on the bed, since this month has been warm i decided on packing shorts and skirts, of course dresses.

uncle noah helped me into the car, however before I got in, i quickly jumped into my dad's arms giving him a kiss to the cheek.

"byeee daddy i love you" i say, which he gives me a kiss to my forehead, "i love you sunshine" he says before placing me into the car, I gave him a big grin.

ALESSANDRO
i never really parted from my daughter, and today was our first. All I knew in the moment is that, a boy had hurt my little girl's feelings, and as her dad I couldn't just let it go. I know that they're both kids, but something inside of me just awakens the devil in me. When the car drove away with my daughter, the work has just begun.

As I walked down towards the basement, one of the working maids came up to me, rather boldly as well.

"Mister Hernandez!" she calls out, I stop in my track, confused. "Yes, that is me." I responded, "Elliot wants to talk with you." She says, almost out of breath, "Alright.. thank you." i say, unsure of what had just taken place, Who the hell is Elliot?

Before anything could get registered, a man comes strolling my way, i presumed it was Elliot.

"Elliot is it?" I say, which the man nods, so we both walk and talk.

The maid had expressed that it was something urgent, but meeting a man for a business deal? that's a piece of cake, now that boy who has been killed, will be another issue to deal with.

ADRIANA

whenever I play outside I'd see airplanes up in the sky, and just looking up at them, i wish I was on there. now here I am, living my wish.

we were dropped off by the terminal, and I saw big planes coming in and flying out, I was in awe. "you've never seen an airplane before?" uncle noah asks me, noticing my awestruck state, "I love planes! i always wanted to be on them.." i tell him excitedly, uncle could not help but chuckle, "then you'll be enjoying the ride of your life." he says with a sincere smile, i nodded in agreement.

phew, going through security was weird, when i put my stuff in the conveyor belts, i stepped onto that body scanning area, and as we got out, the security guy had his hand sticking out , i quickly gave him a high five but ... to my dismay he was actually blocking me from existing the security zone to collect my stuff.

my face started to feel red, and i quickly went to grab my stuff, "silly girl" uncle noah says, having witnessed all of it. "hey! i really thought he was holding his hand out for a high five" i say in my defense, "sure sure" he says, and we begin walking to terminal F17, "what is duty free world?" i inquired as we passed a big signage saying that, "well, it means, whatever you purchase at the airport won't be taxed towards you when you get home" he explains, "ohh" and went onto find the best thing in the airport.

we reached our terminal quickly, and had an hour waiting period. "How do planes fly?" i ask, this is when I heard uncle noah sigh.

"they have really really high powered engines that can poof! lift them off the ground at an accelerated speed" he retorts.

I napped a little on uncle noah's shoulder, and priority class was able to get boarded first. i excitedly held uncle's hand as they scanned my boarding pass through uncle's phone.

it was so exciting to just go into the plane.. very nice people, the flight attendants I think, and the pilot! who will be flying this plane gave me a pendant, and that made my day.

they were all so nice to help us get situated and seated, even in-flight wifi! i love first class, the seats are nice. While we waited the boarding process, i was getting all giddy that I long since forgotten why dad sent me on vacation in the first place, especially after I broken his rules.

i peered out the little window of the plane, and noticed the ground starting to move faster, faster, and faster! and off we were, the ground started to get smaller, and i felt a weird sensation to my ears.

"bubba what is that?" I ask clutching my ears, "ah.. your ears have popped." He says, handing me a piece of gum.

"this helps with adjusting to the pressure." he continues, wow.. i chewed on the gum and it worked! not that I doubted uncle or anything.

"i love planes" i say again, and the flight attendant started to go around asking people for drinks, and before we had taken off they went over safety protocol.. which I hope nothing bad happens while in flight.

"well is the plane everything you expected it to be?" uncle asks me, "Yeah! Beyond, it's amazing" i say starting to mess around with the on-board device in front of me.

"uncle let's play battle ship!" i say, which he agrees.

just getting on the plane had been vacation enough for me, by the time we had landed in London, i already was so tired, i wanted uncle noah to carry me.

ALESSANDRO

"So have we gotten ourselves a partnership yh?" Elliot says, in his British accent.

"yes, now understand a breach of this contract means I take the rest of the shares." i make a statement in case he forgets.

when the man walks out of my office, i couldn't help but feel a smirk coming to my face. Elliot is such a odd person, has the maid to announce his arrival, and of course when I went back after he's left, the maid was no longer there anymore.

"Now let us have the fun begin."

PUBLISHED: 7.31.22

comment
follow
vote 😉