High All The Time [Part 2]

At some point the night, I must have fallen asleep. The next morning, I awoke amongst a myriad of assorted bottles. "Motherfucker," I said, picking up a few of the bottles. Needless to say, my head felt like it could explode at any moment. I looked at my phone, seeing I had a shitload of missed calls, sadly... none of them were from Grace. I picked up a nearby beer bottle, which was half empty. It was warm, and pretty gross, but I it downed it in two gulps anyways. I looked at myself in the mirror hanging on my wall. I had horrible dark circles under my eyes, and tear stains running down my cheeks. My phone rang again -- and this time I picked up. "Hello?" I croaked.

"Mamrie?" the voice on the other end of the line asked.

"Tyler?"

"Are you...okay?"

"Yeah, never better, why?"

Tyler sighed, "Grace told me about what happened. "

My stomach sank, "Really?" I asked, "What did she say?"

"Just that she broke up with you."

"How-- how is she?"

"She seemed fine, actually," he said.

I grabbed another beer from the fridge and sat down on the kitchen floor. "Oh, yeah...me too."

"You don't seem okay, Mametown. Do you want me to come over?"

I shook my head, "No, no. No."

After we hung up the phone, I drank three more beers. I felt drunk again, and I knew I wasn't done drinking yet. A few swigs of whiskey and half a bottle of vodka later, I passed out on my kitchen floor.

A few hours later, I woke up again. This time it was dark outside. I lay back down on the cool floor, feeling the cold of the tiles numb my cheek. Numb. Numb. Numb. Numb was good. I sighed.

Throwing on a jacket, I went outside. The cold bit at my cheeks, but I didn't care. It felt nice. I walked down the road a few feet until I came to a big building. It looked like some kind of nightclub, judging from the music coming from inside.

I pushed open the door, and the flashing lights and techno music immediately enveloped me. My head was already pounding from the massive hangover I had, but nothing another drink couldn't fix. I slid onto a stool in front of the bar. "What can I get you?" the bartender yelled over the music.

"Strongest thing you've got."