endgame

A/N: So, as y'all know, Spencer and Olivia broke up in Monday's episode and I'm still not over it. While it was understandable, seeing them in that position broke my heart. I know they're going to get back together later in the season but now I have to sit through their angst all over again, which isn't a complaint. Just so you know, they are endgame and the show needs to end on that note. I thought it would be cool if I typed a one-shot based on them reconciling.

______________________

The article is out. Coach Garett was exposed for making certain players injure their opponents. Olivia did the right thing. As she always was. People doubted her a lot, including her friends. They thought it would affect their lives in certain ways. Although this story will take them by surprise, it will be beneficial for everyone, especially for Spencer and Jordan. They will most likely still be fine, possibly having more opportunities, but their team just needs a new coach to keep the school's reputation stable.

Even though it hurt her, Olivia needed Spencer to break up with her. It was clear her journalism and their relationship were unbalanced. She seemed happier writing articles than 'putting in effort' to play her role as a girlfriend. The words she heard from him felt hurtful but it wasn't. She knew that. She knew he didn't mean any harm in breaking up with her. He didn't want to do that. He loved her so much to see the light in her fade away because of him. He couldn't see her unhappy anymore.

But the truth is, she was more unhappy. He wasn't present in her love life, well at least not like before. They still have that strong bond and love for each other. They're just on different paths and careers.

She needed a way to come back to him. She wanted to get back with him again. Just like Spencer. He missed her like hell. He needed her back in his love life. He needed a way to come back to her. He wanted to get back together with her.

They needed a way. And I think Grace and Carter's wedding was something they never expected it would happen...

______________________

It's been 6 months since they've broken up and they're now in better places than they were before. The article was out. Olivia felt more comfortable with her journalism progressing. Same with Spencer with his football career. Olivia told Spencer the truth about Wade and how he was involved in the coach scandal. Spencer, while upset at first, eventually understood the situation. They've had fewer conversations but when they did interact, they were mostly friendly but overall awkward. It was the fact that they, in their heads, couldn't get past the fact that they are exes.

They tried to keep their sexual feelings away but sometimes, it wouldn't work. Every breath they took, every step they took, got closer and closer and in those moments, they wanted to kiss and say everything's ok but in reality, it wasn't.

______________________

Once Grace and Carter finish their rehearsal speeches for their wedding, Olivia excuses herself to leave. Catching on, Spencer leaves to check on her. Finding Olivia in a random room, fidgeting with her fingers, he closes the door to make sure no one comes in.

"Hey Liv, you ok? You just walked off..."

"Um... not really no..." She replies nervously. She takes a moment to look into Spencer's worried eyes before confessing.

"I miss you, Spencer."

"I miss you so much." He calmly sighs, letting her continue as he already knew what this conversation was going to lead to.

"I miss you too Liv. Everyday."

"I feel like I've been draining without you. Without your love, without your touch, I missed every part of you Spencer, and... and... I'm so mad! I'm so upset that we broke up! And... it was all because of me..." Her voice cracks at the end as Spencer slowly walks up to her.

"Hey, you and I breaking up was never your fault. We were on different paths and we needed to learn how to balance that before we figured out our relationship. I'm not saying we didn't love each other because that was never true, but I needed you to be happy. I didn't want you to be constantly worried about me whenever it came to your articles. I wanted you to be free." Hearing that, Olivia takes a deep breath, calming down. Man, even in a tough situation, he always knew how to calm her.

"And you were right. The stories I wrote throughout these past few months, have been the best ones I've written in a while. I've never felt more free and comfortable in my life, career wise." He nods as he sighs in relief, genuinely hearing her well-being when it came to her journalism. "That's really amazing, Liv. I'm happy for you."

"But, not hearing your voice, congratulating me, comforting me never felt the same."

At this point, Olivia walked closer to Spencer, holding his hand with one hand and using her other to caress his cheek, feeling him. He closes his eyes, feeling her touch he hasn't felt in a long while. To them, it felt amazing. It felt like sparks were flying through them again.

"You not sitting next to me, wrapping your arm around me, giving me cheek kisses never felt the same. You not giving advice, encouraging words or last minute tips never felt the same. You not..." She moves her hands down his body, from the neck down. Quick breathing can be heard as Spencer is just full on in the moment. He is letting her have this moment because she knew she needed to let it all out.

It was her turn to talk. It was time to get her perspective.

"Hugging me, kissing me... whether it was my neck, shoulders, cheeks, lips or... something else..." She stares lustfully into his eyes, leaning in, inches away from his face. "You not touching me never felt the same."

Spencer took one heavy breath before finally being able to speak. "So tell me baby..."

Oh fuck. He called her baby.

She starts to feel her body tingle as she heard the simple word. Who knew that one word took them into some sort of oblivion. They both look behind to see a table, perfectly built and ready to be used as a support system. In this moment, they knew, that if he asked that one question, it would be all over.

"What do you want?"

And that is when all heaven broke loose.

"I don't want you."

"I need you, Spencer James. You're my endgame and I hope you don't god damn forget it!"

She hungrily grabs him by the face as Spencer wraps his arms around her waist, kissing with passion. They waited entirely too long for this moment. They wasn't going to pass up on this opportunity to just let go.

They needed each other and they needed each other now.

______________________

Thirty minutes go by and Olivia and Spencer heavily pant on the table as they finish their long-awaited love-making session. They quickly put back on their clothes after cleaning themselves up. They didn't want people to be suspicious and look for them so they needed to get back quick.

They compose themselves before they walk out. Before they open the door, Spencer stops Olivia, holding her hand, giving it a kiss. "Just so you know, you will always be my endgame, no matter what. I love you." Olivia smiles, giving him a lip kiss.

"I love you too."

And just like that, they was back together, with Olivia carrying the biggest smile on her face and that's all that Spencer wanted.