My Way

From above Black Cat watches silently as the sidekicks are defeated using her skills and abilities to remain hidden

From above Black Cat watches silently as the sidekicks are defeated using her skills and abilities to remain hidden. If these idiots think they can defeat a Kryptonian they deserve to get it beat into them that they can't.

A G-gnome sits on one of the desks in an expansive lab as Desmond paces across the center. Finally slowing as seven screens come down from the ceiling. All seven are active, but instead of pictures, white outlines counteract the blue background.

"Dr. Desmond, you require an audience with the Light?" a man's voice asks, anger clear in his tone.

What's the Light? She wonders from above with consideration. I need more information.

"Yes. Very sorry to disturb you at this late hour," he says, seeming like a tiny mouse compared to the lion he acts like to Guardian and the others.

"Just make your report." another man's voice speaks up, annoyance clear in his tone.

"Of course," Desmond says quickly. "Ahem." he clears his throat as he tries to buy himself time. "Well, we had a small fire, here at Project Cadmus. The origin of the incident is still unclear but seems to have attracted some... unwanted attention."

As he continues to speak the scene changes to show Kid Flash, Robin, and Aqualad unconscious in pods as Superboy watches over them.

"The three sidekicks, Robin, Aqualad, and Kid Flash breached security. They found and released the weapon, the Superboy. Of course, the clone is under our telepathic control and as ordered turned against his would-be liberators. The three are contained and we don't believe the League knows they're here." With that, he finishes his report and then comes to why he really called them. "Uh... what should I do with them?"

"Clone them." the second male's voice says.

Clone...she thinks in shock. They can do that?

"The substitutes will serve the Light and only the Light." the deeper male's voice agrees.

"And the originals?" Desmond asks.

"Dispose of them." the deeper voice commands with no hesitation. "Leave no trace."

Desmond only smiles cruelly in response.

That's no good. Black Cat contemplates from above. What's my duty of care in this situation? She silently sighs as she realizes what she has to do. Guess I better save those sidekicks. She thinks as she slinks back to the vents and follows the man to them.

Above ground in Washington DC fireworks are going off. Even though it's now 12:01 in the morning on the fifth.

"Time runs short." a male's voice says. "You must awaken." none of the teens even flinch. "You must awaken NOW!"

Kid Flash comes to, gasping for air and his green eyes flying open. The other two are just as alert now too. Their attention trained on the glaring Superboy before them. "What? What do you want?" the speedster asks, his annoyance fighting his fear. "Quit staring. You're creeping me out."