Chapter 1

"Ysha-"Brent said but I cut him off before he'll say anything nonsense.

"What again!?" I hissed while rolling my eyes. Brent, my childhood friend. No, not even a friend. We just knew each other since birth. It's just so funny that we we're told that we were inseparable. Well, I can't hide the fact that he's always there for me.

"Luh. I just want to ask you something." He pouted like a kid. I waited to hear his nonsense.

"Kung isa lang butas ng pantalon ang mayroon sa mundo tapos dalawa nalang tayo. Wala kang masusuot tapos ako rin, makikipag share ka ba sa akin?" Really, Brent?

"Tapos ito pa, What if naging kanin ako tapos inutusan ka ni tita na magsaing? isasaing mo ba ako?" If I could just cook you alive, why not? kidding.

I just nodded but his reaction was unexpected. He Dramatically gasp and - "Dapat hindi! Ang sakit mo sa puso ha?! parang wala tayong pinagsamahan." He told me that as if I killed someone. 

It's almost 7 in the morning and we are heading to our school. He told me he will follow me wherever I go. We are like Via and Arkin from ate Gwy's University Series. But unlike them, I can feel that Brent and I we're not really meant to be. If a Golden Retriever can be a human, he can be that person. He was just- just that person who's too important to protect. And here I am, no dreams. No favorites. Nothing.

"Oh god, you two really looks like a twin pack of Nescafe" Mina laughed. Our classmate. I can't say she's, our friend. I don't know anything about socializing. I'm okay being alone. Why bother someone if you can die alone?

"C'mon, that's the same phrase you always said wheneve-"suddenly I bumped on someone.

"S-sorry po"I nervously said "It's okay." A handsome guy smiled at me and passed over us. My heart went crazy as I noticed I never felt this before- oh wait, I did, but with Brent.

"Huy! U ok?" Brent asked. I told him 'Yeah' and keep walking. Mina broke the silence. "Guys I think I have a crush na." What? Nanaman!? She just got rejected last week then she has this one again. "Here we go again" Brent whispered at me. We just act that we're interested about it. That face of that guy, he kept reminiscing in my mind. Wait- this kind of situation also happened in Via's POV at her series. Oh My God! Don't tell me- No, no way.

I started to think what if her story became like mine? I don't want to suffer too. Via suffered so much that I cried while reading her story, but it made her the strongest person I knew. I gathered all my confidence to confess to this guy. "Do you want me to help you?" As if Brent can read my mind. "You can?" I asked him back. He nodded and told me to just wait in front of the fountain inside of our school. I saw the guy and confessed to him. I was nervous. Totally nervous.

"I like boys, sorry." He smiled at me. Oh god. Why do bad luck always beside me? I just said, 'It's okay' and left.

"Hey, I don't have a crush anymore" I pouted. He was confused at first and laughed.

"It's okay. Forget about it." I thought we'll walk somewhere, but he suddenly told me-

"Don't mind that anymore. I can be your crush! Besides, I also have a crush on you" He winked at me. I don't what should I feel. Uhhh- this guy. My brain can't process that clear because I have so many questions. In what part did he have a crush on me? Why does he sound like he's leaving me and runaway? Why does it so familiar that I heard it somewher- Oh... I was hesitating to ask Brent but- "Are you confessing to me like how Arkin confessed to Via?" He nodded and told me "I want you and me to be like them. Like how they became the best of their selves after those hardships." I can feel my tears run down my face. He knows everything about me, and I hate it. I don't want to be like Via. I want to be my own version in my original story.