2

As we both unmute, I hear the slight music in the shop playing in the background. "So, what're you gonna do now since the highlight of your day has to go to work?" I say, smirking at the gorgeous face that's on my screen. "Hmmm, I don't know.. you said you work next door right?" She asked me. "Yes ma'am, right next door, at Papa Hell"

I say with sarcasm lacing the last two words I said. I hate working there, the heat is unbearable and since the store is so small, the entirety of it is basically the kitchen. There's no way to escape the heat, flour, and occasional sauce landing on you. The flour is literally in the air, like, you go to the bathroom and you find that shit in your pants. She noticed the sarcasm and asked me what was wrong. "I just hate working there, the customers treat us like dog shit half the time, we get blamed for the customer's mistakes while ordering, I'm always leaving with flour covering me head to toe, and the heat is unbearable" I tell her.

"I'm sorry to hear that baby" she said, empathy lacing her voice. Wait... am I hearing things or did she just call me "baby"? I snap my head right back to the phone after she says this, asking, "Did you just call me 'baby'?" "Yeahhhh, should I not ha-" she starts before I interrupt her, "No no no, I love it, I love the way it sounds coming from you. No one's called me 'baby' in a long time, I forgot how much I liked the nickname. Actually, I think I like it even more now that you said it" I say smiling.

"You're so damn cute Y/N" she says, leaning more into the camera to get a better look at my sun splashed face. All I could do was giggle and say "you're cute tooo" in a child like manner. I'm that type of person, the one that gets all adorable and kid like when I'm nervous or shy. My ex loved that about me... until... Nevermind, I'm not gonna get into that, this is my time to be happy.

"Hey, you know what?" I ask her. "Chicken butt?" She says in return. Truth be told, I laughed, I still have the humor of a middle schooler. "Noooo, I was gonna say that since I'm opening, you can sit where we all do when we need a little break and watch me do my thing. I'd get to show you how everything is done and you'll get to see a sneak peak at what I look like when I'm cooking" I say, ending off my sentence with a wink.

"I thought you would never ask!" She says, as she hurriedly grabs her stuff. I see the camera shake and I become concerned until I heard a broken "BYE ALIII" and realized that she was running. I also realized that I didn't say bye to Aliyah, oh well, she knows I'll see her later. I turn around to see her burst through the door and I couldn't help but let the smile on my face grow. She catches up to me, slightly out of breath and I click the End Call button on my phone. It wasn't until we were both outside in the sun that I saw just how gorgeous she was. The way the sun bounced off her beautiful brown eyes, making them look hazel and chocolate-like, the way her dark hair shown in the sunlight, her lips being shown off by the sun, as if someone had a spotlight on them.

"This girl will be the death of me" I thought to myself. "You ready to see how pizza is made Pretty Lady?" I ask. She blushes at this, once again showing off her pearly whites, "Yes I am (insert gendered compliment here)" This makes me smile, because although I have been called that several times in my life, it feels so different coming from her. It sounds like the first time I'm hearing it all over again, the unfamiliarity of it making me nervous and the zoo in my stomach making my hands shake. I turn towards the door as I grab the key from my back pocket, holding the door open for her as she walks through. I walk in somewhat quickly behind her to turn off the alarm.

Once that's done with, I show her the little space we use to take a breather. She sits down and puts her stuff beside her, crossing her legs as she did so. I grab my apron off the hook and and start laughing as I tell her "You look like you're getting ready to judge me on how I make the pizzas" "Well maybe I am, let's see what you've got Chef Y/LN" she retorts, laughing with me. I put my apron on quickly, having done this same motion so many times, that I do it without thinking. I turn around, saying "So how I look with an apron on?" Only to see her checking me out, biting her lip. "You look really really good" she says, almost unknowingly, almost... seductively. Hearing her voice like this gets a heat started in my body that I haven't experienced much of lately. She quickly catches herself and starts blushing heavily as she looks away "*ahem* I mean, you look really really good" I soon felt a heat engulf my face as I started blushing too.

"Thank you beautiful, I'm gonna have to get some aprons before I have you over for our dinner date" I say giggling. She jokingly gasps at this and says "You're a self proclaimed chef and you don't already have an apron. FAKE!" This causes us both to laugh. "Woah now, you can't get too loud or Gordon Ramsey himself is going to jump out of the walk-in and scream at me calling me a donut" I say in between laughs. This causes her to laugh even harder and honestly, her laugh is quickly becoming my favorite sound, possibly ever. After the laughter dies down a little, there's a comfortable silence between the both of us. We're just standing here looking at one another and it's as if we're both just drinking each other in. I can not believe how beautiful she is (I know I've said it a lot but y'all are gonna have to put up with it), like, I'm not even sure if she's wearing makeup cause it looks so natural.

Neither of us noticed that we started getting closer to each other, I didn't even realize that she stood up. In less than a couple seconds, she was standing right in front of me, looking up at me with those eyes that I could just get lost in. I also didn't notice that she placed my hands on her waist. Our bodies are right up against one another and our faces are slowly leaning in. I want our first kiss to be special, so, despite my brain yelling at me not to, I quickly move my head to her ear and whisper, "Let's get started on these orders Princess"

—————————————––—————————
Word count: 1213