3

She starts blushing profusely at the nickname, truth be told, I didn't even mean to say it, it just kinda came out. But, another thing I noticed, was that after I said that, her pupils dilated and I saw a darker brown hue in her eyes than before. Lust. She was lusting for me in this moment. God how I wish I didn't have to open today. When I come back into realization, I noticed that we were somehow closer. Inches changed to centimeters and I could feel her breath ghosting my lips. I didn't feel my head lowering but I forego the thought as quite frankly, in this moment, I couldn't care less. This time, I didn't plan on psyching her out, this time I didn't think, this time the urge to kiss her was stronger. Like a pull between us, pulling us closer together.

I wanted our first kiss to be special, which is why I psyched her out the first time. But if you think about it, this is special. I didn't do this with my ex, bring her to my job and show her in person how everything is done. She never saw me in the process of the preparation. She never went behind the counter. And here Jenna is, behind the counter, about to have an inside look at how a pizza is made, to make one herself (I haven't told her yet, I'm gonna surprise her with it).

It was like she could read my mind, she knew I wanted to kiss her. Her eyes said it all, "Kiss me". I haven't had someone look at me like that in a long time. My ex stopped looking at me like that about 4 months before... forget her, this is about me and Jenna. Not moving, I whisper "Are you sure?" Deciding to go physical route rather than answer me verbally, her hands went from my around my neck to behind my head, pulling me into her.

As our lips crashed together I could swear the world stopped turning and time froze, her lips were as soft and plump as I thought they were, if not more. It wasn't a rough kiss, it was a soft kiss that stopped my thoughts in place and made my mind melt. My hands went from her waist to her face, one hand resting softly on the side of her neck and the other carefully holding her face. She tilted her head, deepening the kiss yet, still soft. I lightly turned us so her back could lean against the counter where the registers were. In this moment, I don't care that we're at my job, or that the doors are just glass panels, or that I should be making orders, I just care about the girl in front of me.

It was in this moment that I decided, "fuck my job", I was going to show her how to make a pizza, let her make one, then close the store. I'm the only manager working today anyway and the GM doesn't care what I do, he knows I make him more money than any of the other managers. Our employees are all teenagers and the drivers all work at other stores for extra money. We both gently separate, faces still centimeters apart. A comfortable silence fills the air as we just stare into each other's eyes. I get lost in her beautiful dark brown eyes, the light reflecting off of them let's me see what she's feeling, no words needed. She was happy, content. She was staring back at me and her eyes spoke, "You make me feel special" and that's because she is.

Not because she's famous or because she's the beautiful actress that she's known for, but because something about her was different. A good different, different than what I'm used to... and I like it. I like the way she makes me feel, how in this moment, it's like we're the only ones on earth. I broke the silence and whispered, "You're breathtaking" and she broke out into an award-winning smile and blushed profusely. "So are you" she says in return, her eyes flicking between my eyes and my lips. I kiss her forehead and cup her face, "Should we start our culinary lesson, gorgeous?" I ask her. Still smiling, she nods and I take her hand in mine and walk her over to the dough station.

* 10 minutes later *

"And that's how you make a pizza" I say smiling and holding the box that has the perfectly cut pie inside. "Wow, you made it so quick, is it really that easy?" She said, intrigued by the process. "It takes some time to get used to and learning the technique and stuff. When I first started here, I didn't really know how to make a pie by hand, but after about a month of straight shifts and practice, I could have a fully-dressed pie in the oven under two minutes." I told her, while walking back to the apron wall and taking off another one from the rack. "Are you going to switch aprons?" I hear her ask in confusion.

I turn around with the neck of the apron on my hands ready to be put on her, "No, this is actually for you to wear" "For me? Why would I ne-" she starts to ask when the realization hits her. "WAIT REALLY?!" She squeals as I giggle and go behind her, slipping the apron over her head, adjusting it so it fits her right. "You didn't think I would give you a culinary lesson and not feed you, did you?" I joke as I grab the straps of the apron and wrap it around her slim waist, tying it into a little bow-knot. She giggles as a response as she turns around, "Soooo, how do I look?" She asks, doing little poses. I giggle again as I say, "You look very very cute". She smiles as she walks up to me and places one hand on my chest as she tippy-toes to kiss me again.

I gladly welcomed the kiss, already having missed the feeling of her lips on mine. After we break apart, I say, "Come on Chef Cutie, let's make you a pizza." She squeals again in excitement as she runs to the dough station, almost slipping on the rogue flour on the floor. I laugh as I walk up to her to help her steady herself, "Easy now beautiful, these floors are deadly" "Hmmm, are you going to help me steady myself each time I almost slip?" She asks me, "Of course, I'm not going to carelessly put you in a dangerous situation." I respond. The way I helped steady her was: I rushed to her and wrapped my arms around her waist from behind (a bit extra, I know, but I'll honestly take any excuse to hold her). Suddenly, she grabs the scoop for the flour, reaches into the bucket, and throws it on the floor, "Oh no, I hope I don't fall" she says, in the same tone as the guy in the original video. I couldn't help but cackle at this. This was going to be an amazing day.

———————————————————————
Authors Note: I know, I missed yesterday's update, I was having some really bad writer's block in terms of not knowing what direction I wanted this chapter to go in.
Word count: 1247