Chp 3: A perfect Liar

(Up top, Art belongs to: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/lgwfee/beidou_digital_painting/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share)

→。.゚+ ←

“Is it done yet?”

“No.”

“Is it done yet?”

“No.”

“Is it done yet?”

“No.”

“Is it done-?”

Luffy gurgled when a hand clamped over his throat, stretching the rubber boy’s neck so he was faced with Beidou’s annoyed glare in her red eye.

“I swear on every sea, if you ask me that one more time, I’m going to tie you to the anchor, kid”

Nodding, Luffy happily retracted his head once she released him, fingers returning to the job of patching his beloved straw hat.

“...Is it-?”

“For fuck’s sake kid!” The brunette  cursed, snapping her thread angrily and tossing the hat back. “Just take it!”

“Yay! Thanks, Beidou !”

Grumbling under her breath, she glared at Zoro's half-swallowed snickers where he was reclining against the dinghy's bow, still shirtless and bandages removed to reveal the neat set of stitches in his side.

The swordsman was so stubborn about removing said bandages that she had given up replacing them out of sheer frustration, though it reminded her now that new clothes were in order so his shirt could be fixed.

Luffy perked up from where he was swinging his legs over the water when she grabbed a gold key and stood, moving towards the gap between their dinghy and Nami’s boat where they were lashed together.

Said navigator looked up from the maps spread before her, curious, as Zoro slit an eye open in feigned indifference.

“Beidou ?”

“Jeez, the blood really set in.” Beidou  muttered, stepping out in a white wrap top that hung in draping, woven loops from her shoulders, the layers parting with each step to show glimpses of tanned skin as the heels of dark leather boots clicked against the deck, pulled up high enough to leave only a strip of thigh visible between the slightly-folded top and the hem of her leotard.

Zoro blinked, finding the almost secret little hint of soft thigh mesmerizing in a way that Nami’s exposed legs decidedly weren’t, as he focused on the cloth in her hand. Let’s just say Zoro couldn’t get his eyes away from Beidou’s thighs

There was a noticeable slice, a dark brown with dried blood that had wrinkled in strange patterns from being knotted up, and the swordsman frowned, mildly annoyed.Repairing cuts or tears was one thing, but a stain like that would probably never come out.

→。.゚+ ←

“Well...That’s one way to get blood stains out.” Nami admitted, voice a bit shaky.

Beidou glanced up from the book in her lap, a beautifully-rendered volume on fairy tales, one hand holding onto Luffy’s vest as he sat on the ‘wall’ of their dinghy and completely unruffled.

“Yeah, mostly with undecane things. I haven’t find any shops to fix my glider”

“Why didn’t you?” Zoro wondered, unable to look away as a wave blasted straight through a rocky outcropping at least twenty meters thick.