Chp 6: Bounty?

(Art belongs to: https://mobile.twitter.com/Cyclic_abelian/status/1499131172391108616)

→。.゚+ ←

Reclining in a deck chair, Beidou enjoyed the unimpeded sunlight as a steady breeze filled the sails and the ocean parted easily for the Going Merry's bow, throwing up a refreshing mist that caused Beidou to melt with a sigh.

"You raised your price again?"

Glancing up from her book, a compendium on edible flora and fauna in the Grand Line, the brunette felt a bit sorry for the poor News Coo being berated by Nami.

"Don't you think your place charges a lot? Raise it again and I'll stop buying it!"

The bird happily escaped with his payment as Usopp turned from his makeshift chemistry set,

"What's the big deal? It's just a paper or two."

"Not when you're buying it every day!" Nami countered, frowning at the front page.

"There's no need for you to save up money to buy your village back from Arlong now, you know." The sniper pointed out, carefully pouring what looked like tabasco sauce into a hollow pellet. "Or to be so obsessive about money."

"You're so dumb!" The redhead snapped, nearly startling him into dropping both. "Now that everything's over, I'm going to earn money for myself now! I don't wanna be some poor pirate who can't even dress up!"

"Whoa, calm down! I'm in the middle of developing my special Tabasco Star!"

"You don't have to worry about being a poor pirate, Nami." Beidou voiced,continuing her gaze in the book she was reading.

"What do you mean, Beidou?"

"I mean that I didn't end up down for the count just from some lecture, trust me I had other plans planned out" She explained, holding up the pinkish key in one hand. "And there wasn't anything there but the villager's valuables when Colonel Nezumi showed up."

After a moment, Nami's eyes went wide with stars, and the brunette grunted when she was suddenly tackled in a hug.

"You stole all of it?! Oh, I knew you were my favorite, Beidou-chan!"

"Yeah, yeah, you're welcome." Beidou chuckled, patting her crew-mate's back. "I'll keep it safe for you."

The pair blinked as Luffy flew into an unsuspecting Usopp, sweat-dropping as the sniper took a moment to register the tabasco in his eyes.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

"C'mon, just one!" The straw-hat boy pleaded as Beidou grabbed Usopp by the wrist on his way past and tossed him overboard with a SPLASH, "Sorry Usopp! I was just trying to help!"

"AGH!!!"

"No!" Sanji refused, standing protectively in front of the tangerine trees that Nami had brought on-board from Cocoyashi. "This is Nami-san's tangerine orchard! I won't let anyone lay a finger on it!"

The brunette rolled her eyes, the soaking Usopp got on the deck while Sanji immediately switched to heart-eyes.

"Nami-san, your love security is infallible!"

"Yeah." Nami agreed, settling into her own lounge chair with a newspaper in hand. "Thanks, Sanji-kun."

"Ol' Sanji's letting himself be used." Zoro noted from where he was reclined against the railing on the stairs, and Beidou bit back a smile.

"Hey, what's the news?"

"Here, you can have the international section." Nami offered, separating the pages, and both blinked as a smaller sheet slid free.