one.

CHAPTER ONE
THE HELLFIRE CLUB
(part one)

CHAPTER ONETHE HELLFIRE CLUB(part one)

∞༺♥༻✧

261 DAYS. Eight months since the battle of Starcourt and Soleil still feels that it's not over. Nothings ever actually over.

Ever since the Byers and El moved, things felt different. It felt so bland without them. Soleil missed Will who she would always lend her art supplies to, Jonathan who would occasionally help her make mixtapes, Mrs. Byers who was like a second mother to her, and of course El who was like a little sister to her.

That poor girl deserved so much better.

Besides the point, she wanted to make sure that her last year at Hawkins High School would be the best one yet. And so far, it's going precisely that way. Being a senior means new priorities, and worrying about the supernatural, monster shit is definitely not going to be at the top of the list. Everyone knows that after high school comes the real world, but Soleil is dying to hold onto the "fake world". She's not ready to let go of it.

As Soleil was sat in the back seat of Steve Harrington's car, who was driving her and Robin Buckley to school, she continuously tugged on the collar of her cheer uniform— which was never a comfortable thing to wear— and dragged her feet along the carpet of the car.

"Jesus Christ, Soleil, maybe don't keep your feet so steady in my car. I barely got new carpeting," Steve snapped as he continued to rant to the two girls in his car about girls he's been seeing.

Without a response, Soleil stopped the movement of her feet and groaned.

"And then there's Heidi tomorrow night, but the problem with Heidi is that she's going out of state for college. So do I wanna start another relationship that has no point other than sex?"

"I think you should start keeping whatever's in your pants, safe and sound in there," Soleil grumbled.

Steve rolled his eyes and shook his head. "I will stop this car and throw you out of it."

Soleil mockingly laughed at his reaction and stretched her arm out to poke his nose.

He quickly slapped her hand away and scrunched up his face in annoyance. "You're not funny. But anyways, I don't know guys. Does that make sense to you?"

Steve glanced over to his right at Robin, who was struggling to apply mascara as the bumps from the road weren't making anything easier.

"Robin, are you listening?! Little miss sunshine over there isn't much of a help at all."

"Uh, yes." the girl stammered. "I-Im—"

"What did I just say?"

Robin looked away from the car mirror and looked at Steve. "Something about sex with Linda."

"No!" Steve cried. "I'm talking about Heidi!"

"Cut me some slack, please!"

"Steve, it is not her fault that your love life is the most confusing shit ever! And no offense, but you're like a man whore." Soleil interjected.

Robin turned to Soleil and smiled in relief. "See! Even she agrees. This is why I love you, Soleil. You get me."

Robin put her hand out, and Soleil gave it a high five.

Turning back to Steve, Robin went on. "Your love life is one of the labyrinthine complexity. It is 7 in the morning, we have the stupid pep rally, and I woke up looking like a total corpse!"

Soleil and Steve shared a knowing glance with each other.

Steve looked at Robin as if she were stupid. "You're worried about a pep rally? You expect us to believe that?"

Robin put her head down and let out a small, "Yeah, so?"

"So, we all know what this is about. Okay? We aren't buying that bullshit. This is about Vickie!"

Soleil and Vickie were more of acquaintances, than they were friends. The two had English together, and sat by each other. Soleil had always found Vickie adorable. She was such a sweet girl and was easy to talk to. And for such an easy person to talk to, Robin sure seemed to struggle with talking to her.

It was painfully obvious how Robin felt about Vickie. She just continued to push away those feelings.

Robin shook her head, trying to deny what Steve was implying. "Absolutely not."

"Yes it is and you know what else I think?"

"I don't care," Robin says.

"I think you gotta stop pretending to be someone else when you're around her," Steve replies, teasing her. "You just gotta be yourself!"

Robin furrowed her eyebrows. "You're literally quoting me to me. You do realize that."

Steve shrugged and tried keeping his eyes on the road. "Well, maybe you need to listen to yourself. Ever think of that, smarty pants?"

Soleil watched the two bicker, and smiled to herself.

The sound of Steve's voice still filled the car. "I listened. Look at me. Boom, back in business."

Robin cringed at his little act. "It's not the same thing, okay?"

"Well..."

"You ask out a girl and she says no. Big deal. Nothing happens. Maybe your ego is a little bruised, but i ask out the wrong girl and bam! I'm a town pariah."

"I'd buy that, except Vickie is definitely not the wrong girl."

Robin sighed. "We just don't know that, do we?"

Soleil was no expert, but something about Vickie just screamed a woman lover.

Steve didn't want to take this from Robin, so he really tried to get her to see how Vickie was indeed the right girl. "She returned Fast Times paused at 53 minutes, 5 seconds. Do you know who pauses Fast Times at 53 minutes, 5 seconds?"

He points to Soleil, expecting her to know how to finish off his sentence.

The girl sat up and paused for a couple seconds. "Uh, people who like boobies?"

"Ew!" Robin exclaimed, rubbing her face in disgust.

"Exactly what Soleil said! Boobies."

"Gross. Don't say boobies!"

"Not a big deal, okay?" Steve points to himself. "I like boobies. You like boobies."

There was a small moment of silence, which was quickly interrupted in less than a second.

"Vickie likes boobies! Definitely."

Nobody said anything after. Robin just shook her head.

"It's boobies!"

oo. AUTHORS NOTE!

UM OKAY THANK YOU GUYS SM FOR 2K READS AFTER ONE CHAPTER??? LIKE WHATT ILY GUYS ALREADY. your comments are already making me laugh and im so excited to continue this book.

but go read valadrienshipper mike fanfic and amethystcherries eddie fanfic now please🙏😭