two.

CHAPTER ONE
THE HELLFIRE CLUB
(part two)

CHAPTER ONETHE HELLFIRE CLUB(part two)

∞༺♥༻✧

WALKING TOWARDS her locker, Soleil was in a huge rush to get to the gym for the pep rally. The cheer squad barely finished rehearsing over their routine, and in less than 7 minutes they had to be in the gym to perform it in front of the school.

Don't get Soleil wrong, she loves showing off her spirit for the school, but it's overly exhausting.

Finally arriving at her locker, she was met by somebody blocking it. And it was the last person that she wanted to deal with at the moment.

Eddie fucking Munson.

Hesitant to speak up, she cleared her throat.

Only for him not to respond, she did it once more but in a louder manner.

Eddie turned his head towards the noise a bit, but didn't look away from the person he was speaking too. Fully turning his head, his eyes met with the figure of the last person that he wanted to deal with.

Soleil fucking Jackson.

He didn't say anything, but just stared at her with an expression that Soleil couldn't quite figure out.

"Um excuse me, but you're in my way."

Eddie raised his eyebrows and turned to the locker that he was leaning on and just shrugged.

As he went back to speaking to the person he was talking to, Soleil rolled her eyes. He was trying to play dumb.

She didn't want to start anything, so she muttered an "asshole" and walked away.

∞༺♥༻✧

The sound of cheers erupted in the gym as the cheerleaders were doing their tricks and flips.

Soleil looked around the audience trying to see if she could spot anybody she knew. As her eyes scanned the crowed, she noticed Dustin Henderson, Mike Wheeler, and Max Mayfield all sitting together, looking unamused.

She gave them a bright smile and excitedly waved at them. Dustin returned the favor, smiling much wider, Mike sent a wave, and Max just sent a small smile.

Soleil couldn't explain how horrible she felt for the younger girl. She understood why she was acting the way she was, pushing everyone away. Everybody would constantly try to cheer her up and make her come out of her shell, but what they don't realize is that people don't have to move forward from their grief. It's important to acknowledge it. There's pain in the world where you can't be cheered out of it, no matter what. And that's exactly Max's situation.