Chapter 11 : Climbing up my window

I quickly open the window and let him come inside my room.

"Are you crazy, Carter? "

Carter doesn't answer me, he keeps looking around. He walks towards the door and locked it.
Then he walks to my bed and picks up the stuffed teddy bear. I snatched it from him and put it back in it's place. He speaks,

"Do you still have that one plushie you always used to carry around in kindergarten?" Asked Carter

"No, I don't. "

"Hmm."

Other than the fact that my lifetime enemy Carter Davis was just in my bedroom, I noticed how I was only in my pajamas. My very breezy pajamas....

"How the hell did you climb up my window?!"

"What did you and the new kid talk about?"

"Do you remember him?"

"He was a spoiled little brat."

"So, you do remember him...We just reminisced about the past. He and I used to be friends. "

"He was just a pathetic puppy running after you."

"The only reason you don't like him is because he stood up against you, Carter."

"Bullsh*t! I didn't like him because he's a little measle with no balls." Said Carter

"I like him. He has always been nice to me. He was the only one brave enough to defend me against you. He saved me when I nearly drowned in that river while everybody else was just standing by. So don't be mean to him."

"Or what, Peyton? What if I just don't about what you say. And I continue to show that puppy what a loser he is. Maybe I enjoy doing exactly that."

"Just why do you have to be like that?"

"You seem to know me so very well, Pey. Why are you still expecting things from me? "

"Maybe I just see a little hope in you. A little hope to better yourself and not act like a child."

"Maybe I could get better, maybe you're right. But I think I need your help with that, Peyton. I can't change by myself."

And suddenly Carter started to walk towards me and before I knew it we both tripped and fell on the bed. He fell on top of me.

"But I still don't think he's good for you."
"Liam?! Liam is not good for me?! You're the bad guy here, Carter. Not him."
"Then how come the bad guy is in your bedroom right now?"
"Because he's a complete freak who just climbed up my window."

Carter just stayed on top of me, his eyes completely focused on mine, not saying a single word in response. Still, it wasn't awkward. I guess the fact that him and I had known each other for so long made it impossible for me to feel uncomfortable. Even though the memories we shared weren't exactly great. Weirdly enough. I felt safe with him. Never in a million lifetimes would I have ever thought these thoughts would cross my mind.

"Don't talk to him anymore." Said Carter

And after that Carter to lower his head to mine while cupping my cheeks with his big hands. Even though I had promised myself to never let this happen again I still caught myself closing my eyes and leaning into his touch.
And then someone knocked on my bedroom door.

"Peyton" My mom called me

I push Carter to the ground and he groaned in pain.

"Peyton, can I come in? "
"Wait, don't come in, yet!"

I was panicking so much that I was feeling like I'm about to die.
Carter stood up from the floor and said

"Don't you think this is the perfect time to introduce me to your mom? We haven't seen each other in so long."
"I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR A** OUT THE WINDOW! CARTER DAVIS."
"Why so aggressive? I like this side of you, pey. "

He starts laughing, that makes me more mad. I throw the stuffed teddy bear at his face. My mom again knocked on my door,

"Peyton are you ok? Open the door. "
"Yes, mom. Just a second. Carter, leave! now! "

And Carter leaves my room and then I let my mom in.

"I heard weird noises, are you sure everything is ok? "
"I was just killing a bug."
"Did you kill it? "
"Yes mom"
"Okay. Good night sweetheart. "
"Night, mom. "

Next morning
What a night! My childhood enemy was in my bedroom last night. I couldn't sleep the entire night thinking about the whole situation.
In the morning, I took a long shower, clearing my mind. I got dressed and when I was about to leave I saw Liam waiting for me in his car, in front of my house. I quickly got out of my house and walked towards his car.

"Morning Peyton." Greets Liam
"What are you doing here?!"
"I came to pick you up. "
"Why? "
"Just because..." He was hesitating
"Is that ok for you....? I'm sorry if I'm overstepping boundaries."
"No, no it's fine...I was just surprised."

The silence during the car ride was awkward. After some time Liam breaks the silence and speaks

"I remember how clumsy you were.You would always fall. "
"It wasn't that bad..."
"It was. But it was cute. You were such an airhead back then."
"Well, I'm not anymore."
"We'll see about that."
"Hey!"
"But I can see that you've changed."
"How?"
"The way you talk to Carter. You never dared to speak up against him back then. But now... I think it's different. You're braver."
"People change with time, I guess. "
"He really treated you like sh*t.It's good that you defy him now."
"I guess. "

And then the flashback of last night's incident, the way he looked at me was weird.

Later that day ( P.E class)
As usual Carter was grouped with the good players. And me? Well, you all know how bad I'm in sports. Last time I punched Carter, I don't know what is going to happen this time. As Liam was a new student he was grouped with us.
Liam was very good in sports and maybe this time, we will win.

"Ok, Peyton please don't punch or hit anyone." Said Piper
"Trust me, I'm not going to do it again. I'll try my best to stay out of everyone's way as best as possible."
"I won't let anybody hurt you." Said Liam
"Just stay behind me, Peyton."

The game started and as always Carter's team was ahead of us. But we Liam in the team we were close to winning the game.
When Liam was about to reach the goalpost, out of nowhere Carter came towards Liam and they bumped into each other.
Liam was holding his face and lying on the ground. I quickly run towards to see if he was okay.

"Liam are you okay!? "
"I guess"

When I remove his hands from his face, I see his nose was bleeding. I look at Carter and he was fine. I quickly help Liam stand up and took him to the school infirmary.

In the infirmary
"I'm sorry if do a bad job. I thought a nurse would be here..."
"You're doing great, Peyton.Thanks for treating my wounds." Said Liam
"Carter really is insane."
"Not a surprise to anybody."
"I thought he....I don't know."
"Did you and Carter get closer?"
"What?! No! Of course not! Why would you think that?!"
"I don't know. You two just seem...comfortable around each other."
"You're imagining things."
"Good. Because that means there's nobody else right?"
"Nobody...else?"
"Who's in my way. Does that mean I can...kiss you?"
"W-w-what...?"
"I wanna kiss you, Peyton. Can I?"

What am I supposed to do now.