chapter 1 surprise

It was a usual day for Michael Johnson when he returned home from his working day, to his astonishment he found the lights of his house were off.

     It was not a very rare thing but he was scared for his only daughter who must be alone in this dark house., and she is scared of darkness. His daughter Eva was a mature girl and was his only motive to carry on in his life, as when Eva was only 10 years old he lost his wife.

  That time was hard for him but he didn't give up, as a single parent he tried his best to bring up Eva in a healthy environment. It was through his devotion and hardship, that Eva turn up to be a quite sensible girl, she was not like kids of her age, throwing tantrums and doing flings she knew how much his father sacrificed for her and she didn't want to bother her dad more by getting involved in something that her father will not appreciate. Eva always made Michael proud, whether it was scoring good marks in academics, a fine artist, a piano player or overall a home baker who loves baking. 

   When Eva completed her graduation she told her dad that she wanted to attend some professional culinary  classes as she wanted to open her restaurant in their hometown. At first, Michael took her baking interest as just a pastime but when she notified him of her plans. Michael was in a jiff as he never separated her daughter from him and for this course, she had to move out to another city. So he did what he could do the best. At that time he gave her assurance that soon he was going to search for an institution which would help her.

     At present Michael switch on his flash light mobile to search for Eva in dark, but he shrieked in surprise when he heard a flashy voice and the lights went on  

"Surprise "

  Michael took a deep breath to calm down his racing heartbeats as Eva was coming to hug him. Eva planned a surprise birthday party with the neighbours and some of Michael's friends.

    Michael hugged her daughter and kissed the crown of her head, then he was greeted by the guests who were constantly supporting his life in one way or another.

      The party started with the cake cutting, Eva prepared a three-tier cake for her father's special day... Michael offered Eva the first piece of cake which she had with a smiling face and then she fed her dad, who is the most  Important person in her life.

    The neighbours helped Eva in arranging the party, and it was not the first time as in the last ten years they used to help the  Johnson family whenever they needed some kind of assistance

     Michael Johnson was a middle-class man working as a senior engineer in a construction company. He was a respected man, a very kind and humble human being.

When his wife, who he loved a lot, was diagnosed with a brain tumour he did the best treatment that she needed but within six months his wife  lost her life. 

   There were many proposals for him at that time from women who used to claim that they will be the best mother for Eva but he didn't trust anyone and decided to take all  responsibility by himself. It was not as easy as he thought but still, they both got it through.