- CHAPTER 3 -

● ● ●

"Hello? Are you still there, Chou Tzuyu?"

Shuhua's voice brought me back to my senses.

"O-oh.. Yes, I'm sorry. Where were we?"

I started to reread the recap file that was in front of me, a surprise that it was already finished by Shuhua.

"Looks like it's time for me to raise your salary." I said while smiling at Shuhua.

"And maybe it's time for you to take a vacation, too." Shuhua replied while starting to tidy up the folders on my desk. "You haven't been on vacation at all during your time as CEO, Tzu. Don't push yourself too hard."

"Like there's anything else I can do." I replied.

What Shuhua said was true. I've never taken any leave or quick vacation while I'm in this position. Since I came back to Taiwan, I haven't had any interest in anything other than work. I always try to keep myself as busy as possible. Instead of healing my mind.

"Look, you've even lost focus on your work every minutes today. What are you thinking about all day?" Shuhua asked while crossing her arms, looking at me intently.

"It's nothing, maybe you're right I need to rest for a while." I said as I leaned back against the chair.

"I didn't mean this kind of rest." Shuhua suddenly pulled my arm and straightened myself back up. "You should take a long rest!"

"But you know, those files can't work on their own." I pointed lazily at several piles of files that I still haven't touched at all.

"Are you forget what's my job here?" She said. "I'll take care of everything, you don't have to worry."

"Fine, I'll think about it again." I said trying to stop her. Shuhua was really fussy about this kind of thing. "Now hurry up and get your stuff, the sushi is waiting."

"You're right! Sushi is the most important thing at this moment." Shuhua said as she started walking out of my office room.

It's actually quite late. All employees had left work at 4 pm, so the building and office space were very quiet. But Shuhua and I had often worked late because we preferred to get things done as quickly as possible. So as a reward of our hard day's work, we agreed to have sushi for dinner today.