Friends

Sky dried off her hair with a towel when she heard the knock on her door.

"Come in," She said, already knowing who it was.

Stiles opened the door, and a pencil sailed across the room, and he caught it inches from his face,"That could have killed me."

"That's for pulling me into the lake," She replied, laying the towel down on a chair.

Stiles looked around the space,"So, this is your room?"

"Yes, this is my room," Sky replied, part of her wishing she could have cleaned up a little more,"I don't really have a lot of people come by a lot so..."

"Nah, don't worry about it. I've been here for two days and my room's messier than this," Stiles said as Sky snatched the bra hanging from her closet door knob, stuffing it in a drawer,"I thought you didn't really need clothes since you can just shapeshift what you want on?"

"I can, but if I'm ever knocked out or lose concentration I don't want to end up butt naked. My Mom may have been comfortable with it, but I am not."

"Right," Stiles said, scratching his head,"How come you don't show what you really look like?"

Sky sighed,"I don't like showing what I really look like. It...scares a lot of people."

Stiles slowly nodded,"Scares people or scares you?"

Sky swallowed,"Why are you here, Stiles?"

"To get to know you better," Stiles admitted,"Pretty sure that's part of becoming friends with someone."

"I'm sure you've already heard by now," Sky said,"I don't have friends."

"And why is that?" Stiles asked,"I know there's rumors but I thought I'd hear it from the source."

Sky bit down on her bottom lip, debating whether or not she should tell him,"What have you heard?"

"Your ex-boyfriend tried to kill you, now you choose not to make friends," Stiles said.

"That's pretty much it," Sky said,"Are you done now?"

"Why?"

"Why did he try to kill me?" Sky asked for confirmation and he nodded,"Because I lied about who I really was."

"So, he hurt you because you were a Mutant?"

Sky shook her head,"No, he was okay with Mutants. Maybe because of what he was."

"Huh?" Stiles asked, confused.

"He was an Omega," Sky finally said,"A werewolf. And I told him I was a werewolf too, and showed him my claws and fangs. Then we started dating for a little while. He kept on asking me how I could control myself on full moon's so easily, if I was a Beta or an Omega like him."

"What'd you tell him?" Stiles asked.

"I told him I was neither," Sky said, and to show him what she meant, she turned her eyes red.

Realization dawned on him,"You told him you were an Alpha."

"Yep. And a couple days later he tried to kill me so he could make his own pack and family, since he ran away from his own," Sky said,"So, I don't become friends with, because I know what real human nature is. When it comes down to it, they'll always trade up for something better."

Stiles was silent for a moment,"There are good people too."

"I know that, but I can't really trust my own judgment anymore. Like you, you seem like a good guy, but I don't know what you could be hiding."