Shockwave

The sound of rain hitting the window filled the room as Inko sat worrying. It was getting late and Izuku still hadn't come home. She made the decision to call the police, but before she could reach for the phone, there was a knock on the door.

Inko walked to the door and opened it to find two police officers standing on her doorstep. "Hello, are you Inko Midoriya?" asked the officer with one eye.

"Yes, I am," Inko replied, her heart racing with fear.

"Do you have a fourteen year old son who was born on July fifteenth?" the officer asked, his tone serious.

"Yes, did something happen to Izuku? Is he OK?" Inko asked, her voice panicked.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but there was an accident earlier involving a villain and..." The officer's words began to fade as Inko's mind raced with the possibility of losing her son. She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes as the officer continued. "...unfortunately, it was too late. The attack was fatal and...I'm so sorry, ma'am. Your son has passed away," he said, his voice full of sorrow.

Inko dropped to the floor and tears streamed down her face as she faced her worst nightmare. The cruel world had taken away her happiness. The officer tried to help her, but she was unresponsive as the tears continued to flow. She was eventually taken to the hospital to confirm the body.

At the hospital, Katsuki was being examined for any injuries while trying to process the events that had unfolded earlier. His parents, Mitsuki and Masaru, were comforting him as they learned about what had happened from the police and heroes.

After it was confirmed that Katsuki had no physical injuries, the doctor left him and his parents a card and a recommendation for a therapist to help with his mental health. As they were walking into the lobby, the Bakugo family saw Inko enter with two police officers. Her face was drained of life and her eyes were broken. Katsuki couldn't bring himself to look her in the eyes. Mitsuki rushed up to her friend and tried to comfort her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Inko. I just...I don't know what to do," Mitsuki said, unable to understand what her friend was going through.

Just then, the doctor from years ago appeared. "Hello Mrs. Midoriya. I'm sorry to do this, but we need you to identify the body. You can take as much time as you need to...prepare yourself," he said gently.

After a while, Inko told the doctor that she was ready to see the body. Mitsuki went with her to provide support. As they entered the room, Inko looked at the cold body of her child and tears began to flow once again. She turned to Mitsuki and said, "It's not him. It's not Izuku. Right, Mitsuki? This isn't Izuku, right? Right?! Please tell me I'm right, Mitsuki!"

Mitsuki didn't say anything, but the look in her eyes told Inko that what was in front of her was indeed Izuku Midoriya. Inko dropped to the ground and cried her heart out.

All Might sat alone in the police department, lost in thought about how much he had changed in recent years and how he now doubts his ability to be the hero he promised himself and his master in his youth. Just then, detective Tsukauchi burst into the room, panting for breath.

"Toshi, you need to see this on the news," he said.

All Might stood up and followed him to the TV, where a reporter was retelling the events of the day's villain attack. But that wasn't all. The next scene showed a representative of the hero law committee in the studio.

"Well, thank you for coming over to the studio, sir. I understand that the committee wanted to make an announcement about the event that happened earlier," the reporter said.

"Yes, but before we start, I and the rest of the committee want to offer our condolences to the family of the young student, Izuku Midoriya," the man in the black suit said. "Although the boy tried to help save his classmate, his actions are considered to be a blatant obstacle for the heroes' operation."

"Wait, you're saying that while there was no action from the heroes at the scene, that boy's final act was an obstacle?" Asked the reporter.

All Might became furious at what he was hearing.

"Yes, we are," the man replied.

"Considering that the quirkless boy ran in front of the villain with a hostage in his hands while using his quirk to cause destruction. While it may seem like the heroes at the scene were not handling the situation, they were in fact trying to limit the amount of damage in an acceptable control range, following protocol by stalling the villain while getting further reinforcement."

All Might stormed out of the police station after hearing that statement, his anger and frustration fueling his movements.

"Wait, Toshi! Where are you going?!" the detective called after him.

"I need to talk with someone who needs to answer my questions," All Might replied, his voice full of anger.

He knew he had to do something about the ridiculous announcement made by the hero law committee. He couldn't stand by and let them tarnish the memory of a brave young boy who had sacrificed himself to save a friend.

He made his way to the hero law committee main building, his determination growing with each step. He knew he had to confront the head of the committee and make them understand the gravity of their actions. He couldn't let them get away with this, not when it affected the life and reputation of young brave man.

As he reached the main entrance of the building, All Might pushed open the doors with a loud bang, drawing the attention of the security guards and other staff members. He stormed through the lobby, his eyes fixed on the elevators that would take him to the upper floors where the committee's offices were located.

He could feel the eyes of the people around him following his movements, but he didn't care. He had to do this, for the boy, for his own conscience, and for the sake of being a true hero. He reached the elevators and pressed the button for the highest floor, waiting impatiently for the doors to open. When they finally did, he stepped inside and rode up to the top floor, his mind set on what he had to do.

All Might stormed into the hero law committee's main building top floor, his anger and determination fueling his steps. He marched past the receptionist, ignoring her calls for him to stop, and headed straight for the head of the committee's office. He burst through the door and glared at the woman sitting behind the desk.

"What's the meaning of that announcement?" All Might yelled. "How could you let them broadcast such a thing? Did you even think about that boy's family and friends?"

The woman, the head of the hero law committee, met All Might's gaze steadily, her expression unreadable. "Please calm down, All Might," she said. "We had no choice but to do it out of necessity."

All Might snorted in disbelief. "Necessity? Necessity!? What kind of necessity could justify the public shaming of a child!?!"

The woman sighed and leaned back in her chair. "I understand that it may seem cruel, but we had to consider the greater good."

"Indeed, it was,"interjected by a man in the white suit with glasses walking into the office.

All Might turned around to see who it was. His anger deepen when he saw who it was.

"Nighteye, This is a low blow, even for you." stated the old hero in disgusted.

"Although this may seem cruel, you need to understand that it was all for you," Nighteye said. "The committee and your closest allies have been trying to hide the fact of your injury and your diminishing time of activity from the public for years now. Maintaining your image is worth more than one single child."

"Society needs to stand firm until you find your successor without any noticeable flaws, even the slightest ones," the chairwoman of the committee added.

All Might's fists clenched at his sides as he listened to the words of the protectors of society. "So all of this was just to maintain an image of an ideal hero for society?" he spat out.

The woman nodded. "Yes, All Might. For society. For you."

All Might was silent for a moment, his mind racing with the implications of what the woman had just told him. "A symbol of peace... I can't even be that for a single child. Am I still worthy, Master?" he muttered to himself.

TBC