Reunited (Flareon X Jolteon)

Requested by: Party-Tron

- - -

Characters:

Solider! Flareon - Rumo (Male)

Jolteon - Aure (Female)

- - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

☆ 3rd person POV ☆

Aure looked deeply at the photo in her yellow paw. She had a saddened expression on her face as she kept looking at it. It was a picture of her husband, Rumo.

She hasn't seen him in a very long time. She thought about him often. She would think about him as she ate her dinner on most nights. Those happy noises that he makes as he enjoys his wife's cooking. She missed that feeling on joy she would get when he did that. There was just a complete hollow feeling inside of the house due to his absence.

Aure shed a couple of tears as she lightly rubbed the photo.
' I miss you. I wish you could come back to me. I know you will. I know you'll come back. You just have to, my love. I'll wait as long as I have to for you. It's just so lonely in here, all by myself. ', She thought.
Then, with a sigh, she placed the photo beside her chair on the small table. After she turned away, she curled up into herself. A soft bright orange blanket was gently wrapped around her fur. A small fireplace crackled softly, emitting the room in its light. Soon, Aure fell into a deep slumber.

A knock sounded at the door. Aure didn't hear it and stayed deep in her sleep. A jingle of keys could be heard. Then, the door cracked opened. There a Flareon stood, the one she'd been waiting for, Rumo was finally home.

Rumo quickly spotted the sleeping Aure in the chair. He then quietly shut the door behind him and was light on his feet. He went over to his wife and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.
" I'm home, my love. I'm glad I get to see you again. I'll make sure to make you something in the morning. ", He whispered to her sleeping form.

- Next morning -

Aure awoke to sweet smells of one of her favorite breakfasts' wafting through the air.
' But, I didn't make that. Hmmmm... ', Her mind observed.
She slowly uncurled herself out of the chair. After she finally slipped out, she stretched, feeling all her muscles awake. Then, she followed the smell with her nose. It led her to the kitchen. As she spotted that very familiar orange fur, tears of happiness built up in her dark purple eyes.

" Rumo? Is that you? ", She spoke up.
The Flareon turned back to Aure. He smiled at her.
" Yes, I'm home, darling. And I would give you the biggest bear hug, but I'm currently making you breakfast. ", He chuckled.
The Jolteon run over to him and hugged him tightly from behind.
" Woah there, my love. You might make me explode if you hug me too tightly. ", He laughed.
She just snuggled into his soft orange fur. She never let go until her breakfast was finished.

" I'm so glad you're home.  I've waited like forever for you. It's been so lonely without you. Please don't ever leave me again. I want to stay here with you, forever and ever. ", Aure whined to Rumo.
" I know and that's what I want as well. I never want to leave you. I love you, honey. I'm glad I'm home. It's where I belong. I belong in your arms and treating you the way you should be treated, every single second of every day. ", Rumo told her with a warm and loving smile.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey, have this short and sweet request. I'm not sure if it was good, but it was a new concept that I haven't done. So, I hope I did alright.

Also, I apologize if I don't post that often. I got finals coming up, so that takes me away from writing. I do hope to get other requests done in the meantime though. So, if it's low quality or my frequency of writing disappears, that's probably why. But, anyway, I hope you enjoy this request <3

Published: June 5th, 2022