- 𝟙𝟞 + 𝔸/ℕ -

A gentle whir of a fan stirred you from your comfortable unconsciousness. The sun cast its rays through an open window, gently heating your face. Darkness surrounded you as you squeezed your eyes shut against the unwelcome light.

'What happened..?'

Scenes from earlier flashed in your mind, the memories were foggy and incoherent. An aching sensation spread through your body from head to toe and your skull felt like it was about to explode, you could barely bring yourself to open your eyes when you heard the distant sound of a door opening slowly.

You could remember something to do with Todoroki; you had been paired with him in a fight and, judging by the pain and nausea that racked your body, it hadn't gone very well.

Reluctantly, you forced your eyes open and were met with a familiar ceiling. Recovery Girl's room, your second home.

A voice called out to you. It sounded frustrated.

You didn't even have to turn your head to know it was him and, to be honest, you weren't sure if you had the energy to deal with whatever insults he was bound to throw at you.

Bakugou loomed over your bed like a dark storm cloud, ready to strike lightning.

"What the fuck was that, huh?"

You sighed in exasperation, there goes your peace and quiet.

"For the love of God, use your inside voice," you muttered, gingerly propping yourself up on your elbows.

"Why don't you try using your common sense? What made you think you could actually take on that half and half bastard? You-"

"Didn't stand a chance, I know," you cut him off abruptly, slowly sitting up as Bakugou seethed, "But maybe if someone had the decency to give me some advice instead of being a stuck up piece of shit then I wouldn't have-"

"Don't try to blame this all on me!" Bakugou raised his voice slightly, further fuelling your atrocious headache, "I was trying to look out for you!"

"Inside voice, please! My head already feels like it's about to split in two and I do not need you adding to it," you put your head in your hands and groaned, "how on earth were you 'trying to look out for me'?"

"If I told you how to properly counter that bastards attacks then you would've just hurt yourself more! Your quirk is way too fucking self destructive to work with, I wanted you-" you looked up at him in confusion as he let out a frustrated sigh, his cheeks and the tips of his ears began to grow an agressive red, "I wanted you to be safe- well, as safe as you could've been when going up against that icy hot bastard."

You stared at him blankly for a moment, watching as his face grew redder and redder. Bakugou looked away and cleared his throat awkwardly, "Is that a good enough reason?"

More moments passed as Bakugou grew more and more awkward before you muttered a small, "Yeah," shrugging.

He gazed at you, clearly questioning his life choices, before huffing and sitting down next to you. Bakugou's head remained turned away from you as you felt the corners of your mouth pull into a small, amused smile; you hadn't expected him to openly admit to caring about you, but you were happy to hear it.