Chapter 4

previously...

"What are you? Five? " He can laugh all he wants; I know he felt touched by my words... And that's all that matters.

"Hey!! I have a vacant spot now, without Scott. I need a new best friend. You in or out?"

Present...

He takes a deep breath before smiling. And I mean a full on smile with teeth and all. "Yes, I'll go with you. But If I'm meant to be your new bestfriend you better be prepared. I don't know if you noticed but I go all out when it comes to those dear to me. No matter the method."

I'm the same way, I don't know why he felt the need to state it. "Peter, I will do the same by you. No one wants us but we have each other until the end. I promise." He seems touch by my words judging by his watery eyes.

"you want to throw the dart first or shall I?" I say as I walk to pick up the map from the hallway. I grab the map and go to my desk drawer for the darts.

"Hmmm..... How about we take turns and the first one to land on a country, state, or even a city is the place we go to." Peter says as he walks behind me, I turn around after I find the two darts. I give him one and take the other. "Here, I'll go tape the map to the wall. But we have to hurry before dad gets home. I want to be gone before he arrives."

"Okay. let me go first while you find a pen and paper to write the letter. " Good idea. It'll help us move quicker.

"Okay, but try not to hit any places where it's too hot."

"No promises."

Heh, knowing him he'll probably do on purpose. I quickly turn to find the pen and paper on my desk. I just take a page from the printer and a random pen from my desk.

~Hit~ " Damn, it's between... Sweden and Finland."

"keep trying while I write the letter, here take mine." I turn around to give him the dart to see him smirking. "you're having fun, aren't you?"

"of course."

"Don't tell me nothing until I'm done unless you actually get a direct hit on the map."

"... "

~Hit~

I turn around quickly, and start to write the letter.

Dear Dad,

I hope you can forgive me one day, I'm leaving not running away. Don't worry I have peter with me. My new bestie. He turned out to be a real softy and the only one who cared enough to show up, especially today.... don't worry. I'll call when I settle down, don't try to find me. I'll be back once I'm ready. Take care of yourself, eat well or I'll tell Ms. Mccall to take over your food preparation. I know you're already down with everything that's happening and I'm sorry but I have to do this for me. I was there for everyone, now it's time I also took care of me.

I love you dad,

sincerely,

your son

Mieczyslaw

My eye's start to water when I'm done. I hope I'm doing the right thing in leaving.

~Hit~

"Did you land a direct hit yet?" I turn around to see him walk towards the map.

"No, I'm too busy hitting the floor. Of course, I landed on a direct hit. It hit New Orleans. Huh..." After peter said New Orleans, he tensed.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing..."

"Are you sure? we can keep trying until we hit a different place if you want." He already suffered a lot in beacon hills, I don't want to cause him anymore pain.

"No, I'm fine... I guess it's fate to go back again." Why would he whisper when he knows I don't have werewolf hearing.

"Okay. If you say so."