Chapter One

The Pharaoh suppressed a smile at the thought of his pregnant queen. He will finally have an heir. As the pregnancy progressed there were complications. The queen would become extremely fatigued and nauseous beyond the months of such symptoms. She was bedridden for the majority of her pregnancy. It wasn't until she had gone into labor that the Pharaoh and the midwives found out why. Twins. A very rare occurrence in those times.

The Pharaoh was holding his firstborn daughter when the midwives were tending to the queen. The head midwife actually reached into the queen to deliver the placenta when she felt a head of hair. She yelled for the other midwives to help deliver the second baby, a girl. The Pharaoh was shocked and excited about having twins...At first. Unfortunately, the stress from the pregnancy and delivery caused the queen to become weak. The queen looked to her husband, the Pharaoh, and smiled as big as she could while still so weak and in pain. But then the smile faded, she became pale, and any signs of life drained from her eyes.

The Pharaoh was devastated by his wife's death. In some way, he blamed the second baby. Don't get him wrong, he loved both his daughters, he just loved Nefertiti more than Omorose. And it showed. Both girls grew up to be beautiful women, however, Omorose was kept out of the public eye. Only himself, Nefertiti, the midwives, and the Pharaoh's most trusted Medjai knew of her existence.

It was clear that they had very different lives. Nefertiti grew up sitting next to her father in the throne room. Omo was kept in her quarters with little to no outside contact. Nefertiti was showered with gifts of riches while Omo received gifts of knowledge and magic. Nefertiti was forced to witness her father's mistress run off with Imhotep. Omo never knew what happened until her twin sister came into her room with Imhotep.

Imhotep and Anck-su-namun were caught trying to escape the city. Imhotep was imprisoned and waited for his trial, his lover on the other hand wasn't so lucky. Anck-su-namun had proven to never have been in love with the Pharaoh, she only wanted to sit on the throne as queen. She was executed for her deception. Imhotep's priests helped him escape execution and he vowed to resurrect his lover and kill the Pharaoh. To do so, he needed a sacrifice and Nefertiti came to mind.

The High Priest wanted to use Nefertiti in a ritual to resurrect his lover, Anck-su-namun. Instead, she offered her twin sister as the sacrifice. Nefertiti knew nobody would miss her sister because the only people who knew about Omorose were either dead or sworn to secrecy. Nefertiti had convinced Imhotep that the Pharaoh loved Omorose more than her and that's why she was kept hidden. Imhotep had to knock the younger twin out and bind her wrists and ankles so she couldn't escape.

After being taken to Hamunaptra, Imhotep prepared Omorose to be sacrificed in order to bring back his lover. During the ritual, the city of the dead was raided by the Medjai to rescue Omorose after the Pharaoh had learned of his former High Priest's plans. Imhotep tried to finish the ritual quickly but in doing so mispronounced several keywords. This led to Omorose disappearing from the ritual site in Hamunaptra, only to reappear in modern times.