Chapter Four

While Evie, Rick, and Ardeth were talking in the foyer, the Mikaelsons were listening as they observed Omorose. She kept her eyes on her lap, fidgeting with her fingers, and trying to stop the itching in her throat by clearing it. Unfortunately, the itching only became worse.

Klaus was the first to ask, "Are you alright, love?" He was unsure if she would answer since she didn't understand the language he was speaking but Omorose could see the concern in his eyes. She shook her head, "Nai". Omo started coughing. She felt like she couldn't breathe, like something was choking her.

Setting down the book he was reading, Elijah called out, "Miss Evelyn." He stood up from the armchair he was sitting and crouched in front of Omo. It was clear she was unable to breathe from whatever she was choking on. Omo continued to cough with a hand over her mouth, she was panicking by this point. Omo, in her panicked state, was able to tell that whatever was choking her was trying to dislodge itself from her throat and come out of her mouth.

By now, Evie, Rick, and Ardeth have come back into the sitting room to help Omo. Klaus went to get a glass of water to hopefully help the itchiness in Omo's throat but then noticed she was choking. While he was retrieving the water, Klaus had snuck a drop or two of his blood into the glass.

Omorose kept coughing until she finally felt relief at whatever was choking her and was able to breathe. She could feel the object she was choking on twitch inside her mouth, so she spit it out onto the floor. Omo sat up to take a deep breath and noticed everyone staring at the floor. She looked to the spot where she spit out the thing in her mouth and saw a scorpion, a black, desert scorpion. Omorose scooted to the back of the couch, as far as she could get from the scorpion.

Kol grabbed a vase that was a centerpiece on the coffee table, removed the flowers, dumped out the water not caring where it splashed, and trapped the scorpion. He looked to his brothers, "I think we need to speak with Miss Bennett. I'll go grab mother's grimoires, if they're still here." Kol left the room while Elijah stood up and took his phone out of his pocket to call the witch, "Miss Bennett? Could you please come to our residence? It is of utmost importance. Please bring your grimoire." He hung up before she could argue.

The out-of-towners gave each other questioning looks as well as shock from watching Omorose spew a scorpion. Evie was comforting Omorose while Rick talked to Ardeth, "This can't be a coincidence." "No, I don't think it is. Evie? What do you think?" Evie sat next to Omorose trying to keep her calm. She looks at Ardeth and her husband, "It would not surprise me if Omorose's reappearance, and Imhotep being found, was connected somehow. Then it being the Year of the Scorpion, and now Omorose practically vomited a live scorpion. It seems we may need to go back to Egypt."

Rick turned to Elijah, "Did you say grimoires? Like, witchcraft?" "Well, yes," Elijah answered. He was going to explain when Rick cut him off, "This keeps getting better and better. What's next? Werewolves and vampires?" Niklaus looked to Elijah as he handed the tainted glass of water to Omorose. Ardeth noticed the strange discoloration of the water and took it from the girl before she took a drink, "What's in this?" Rick took a closer look at the glass and could see the "water" was tinged a light pink in color, an unnatural color for water.

Elijah exhaled and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. It seems his little brother has tried to feed his blood to the girl without her consent. He opened his mouth to try and explain but the door opened to reveal Bonnie Bennett, the Salvatores, and Alaric Saltzman. Bonnie set her bag down near the door and came into the sitting room with her Gram's grimoire, "I'm here. What's going on? And why is there a scorpion under a vase on the floor?" They all watched as the scorpion was trying to push the vase over to escape but only moved it a few inches across the floor.

"Can someone please explain what's going on?" Evie caught everyone's attention. She was holding Omorose in a side hug and interpreting everything to her. Damon being the cocky vampire that he is, "Well, witchy here was asked to bring her grimoire over and since we don't trust the family of Originals, we came with her." Ardeth was still holding the glass of water still waiting for his answer and growing impatient, "And the water being pink?" Damon still wanted to stir the pot, "That would be from the blood."

"Blood?! Why is there blood in the water? When did it start?" Evie stood up from her spot. She was thinking it could have been in relation to the plagues from a few years ago, not vampire blood. Rick could see this was getting out of hand, so he grasps Evie by the shoulders, "Evie, sit down and help Omo understand. Ardeth, pour that out and get a fresh glass." Ardeth went to find the kitchen and get a fresh glass of water. Rick pointed to Elijah, "You, explain."

From the look in Mister O'Connell's eyes, Elijah could see the seriousness of the situation. So, he explained everything about him and his family, leaving nothing out. After which Rick says, "At least there's no mummies." Evie took a breath then recapped what they just learned, "So, you all are supernatural, one way or another, and have roamed the Earth for over a thousand years?" Stefan spoke up for the first time, "More or less. My brother and I were turned in 1864, Alaric is a hunter, and Bonnie comes from a long line of witches."

Omorose felt a little better after drinking some water. She was grateful that Evelyn was interpreting everything for her. She wasn't as shocked as everyone else, after everything she has seen in her short life. Omo turned to Evie, speaking in her native tongue, "Is it truly the Year of the Scorpion?" Evie nodded, "Yes. Is there anything you can tell me?" Omo bit her bottom lip in thought before answering, "Nefertiti was tasked with guarding the bracelet of Anubis. She passed the task to me since she didn't want to. It is said that it once was worn by the Scorpion King centuries before it ended up in Thebes. The legend says the bracelet of Anubis is a guide to Ahm Shere, the Scorpion King's Oasis. If Imhotep is to arise, he will seek out the Scorpion King. To destroy him and take over his army, the Army of Anubis."

The two women stopped conversing when they realized the room was silent, everyone was listening to them trying to understand. Evie cleared her throat, "It seems we are going back to Egypt." Evie didn't explain further but they all could see her determination.

Damon and Stefan, along with Bonnie, stayed to find out more and to get a break from the whiners. That's all the three of them have heard the past few days, even weeks, is Elena and Caroline's whining about not getting their way or not getting enough attention. Damon suggested, "I think the three of us should go with them. It would give us an opportunity to find out more about the Mikaelsons without..." He was cut off by his brother, "Without the others whispering in our ears." Bonnie nodded her head, "It doesn't hurt to have a witch by their side."

It was Klaus who spoke to the whole group, "We'll be going with you." Rick was going to argue but a look from Evie stopped him. She spoke quietly to her husband and Ardeth, "If we are going to face Imhotep again, we would have an advantage with immortals on our side." Bonnie, Stefan, and Damon stood behind the couch Evie and Omo were sitting on, "And a witch."

After some arguing, the Originals reluctantly agreed to let the Salvatores and Miss Bennett accompany them to Egypt. That evening three Originals, the Salvatores, Bonnie Bennett, Ardeth Bay, the O'Connells, Omorose, and a few hybrids boarded the Mikaelsons' private jet. Leaving Rebekah to keep an eye on the Original Witch and the eldest Mikaelson brother.

AN: Short chapter. Elena and Caroline are selfish in this story. The Salvatores will not be fighting over Elena. I might redeem Imhotep, not sure yet.