Chapter Seven

Giza Train Station

In this modern time, you would think traversing from Giza to Karnak would be quick. Instead Imhotep insists on taking an older, out-dated locomotive train. The need to stay on schedule has stressed the rest of the crew besides Meela, Lock-Nah, and Imhotep. So, in other words, they do not have a say in the matter.

The men who had taken Omorose reached the train, they had her wrists and ankles bound and she was gagged. Omo has tried several times to escape her captors before they bound her. She was unceremoniously dropped into a booth in one of the train cars. Omo wiggled to bring herself in a sitting position and came face-to-face with Meela. Omo's eyes narrowed, "Anck-Su-Namun." Meela grinned, "Princess." Omo didn't say anything else, just glared at the traitorous wench.

Meela gets up when three men enter the car with the chest they stole from Thebes temple. She led them to the train car that Imhotep occupied. Meela closed and locked the door behind them as Imhotep used magic to scare the men. She told the one that was not as smart as the others, "Open the chest. He wants you to open the chest." The guy rushes over to the chest and opens it, revealing Anck-Su-Namun's canopic jars. The men continued to try and get away from the apparition but it was no use. Each man was drained of their life force. While their bodies mummified, Imhotep's was restored completely.

Since Omo was trapped on the train car, her bindings and gag were removed. Omo was not going to show that she was scared, her face emotionless, staying silent, and trying to not be intimidated by Lock-Nah. This continues for a few hours. Omorose did not move a muscle, even when the train car's other occupants got rowdy.

She was also trying to resist coughing up another scorpion. Omo hid the coughing when the men would shout loudly. Finally, she felt the scorpion in her mouth and spat it into her hand while nobody was paying attention to her. She observed the coloration and noted the tail and pinchers were almost fully gold. Being a little vindictive, Omo set the scorpion on the floor and watched it scurry away from a few frightened men.

The train car grew quiet once the door at the other end opened. Lock-Nah stood from his seat on the opposite booth from Omo and was replaced by Imhotep. He speaks to Omo in their native tongue, "It is you who are the chosen one, you who will take me to Ahm Shere." Omo shakes her head, "What if I don't? What if I get a little...lost?" Imhotep smiles, "You always exuded strength. Your father taught you well. But I know something you don't."

Imhotep grabs Omo's wrist with the bracelet, "This bracelet is a gift and a curse. The sands of time have already begun to pour against you. From the moment the bracelet takes hold of your wrist, seven days do you have to enter the pyramid of Ahm Shere by sundown, and then" He pauses for dramatic effect, "And then it will suck the life out of you." Omo's eyes widened, "That's in six days time." Imhotep smirks at the scared girl, "Then I think it would be best if we don't get lost." Omo once again became quiet but couldn't hold back her look of fear as she shed a few tears.

Magic Carpet Airways

Rick, Evie, Ardeth, Damon, Stefan, Klaus, Elijah, Kol, and Bonnie approach a beaten-down hangar with the name "Magic Carpet Airways" painted on the doors. A wild-haired mechanic took one look at Rick and rushed inside and locked the door. "I see you've met," Evie sassed. Rick walked closer to the door, "You guys make sure we have everything. I'll deal with this guy." Kol held a smug expression while holding the Scepter of Osiris, "Sorry, mate. My hands are full."

Elijah snatched the Scepter from Kol and pointed to the cars, "Now, Kol." Rick drew his gun and shot the door handle. "Honey, you're not a subtle man," Evie was on a roll. Rick holstered his gun and kicked the door open, "We don't have time for subtle." The others were slightly impressed. Upon entering the hangar, the mechanic, Izzy, is pacing and upset. "Forget it, O'Connell. Every time I hook up with you, I get shot." Izzy starts revealing bits of Rick's past that Evie never knew, "Clearly, you and I need to get better acquainted." Evie and Izzy looked at the horrified face of Rick.