Chapter Five

The private jet had been in the air for about two hours, everyone comfortably seated in plush armchairs equipped with first-class airline seat belts. Ardeth, Rick, Bonnie, and the Salvatores sat towards the front of the cabin while Evie and Omorose sat in the middle surrounded by the Mikaelsons. Omorose was sipping on some herbal tea due to motion sickness and looking out the window. The private jet flew smoothly and quietly across the skies but being from a time where such things as flight never existed caused Omo's nausea.

Damon, being the more curious one out of the three, turned to ask Rick, "So, what are we walking into? What's the whole story?" He, his brother, and the witch weren't present for the explanation given by the O'Connell's. Stefan and Bonnie turned their attention to Damon and Rick wanting to be caught up on what's going on.

Rick summed everything up quickly, "Long story short, Evie accidentally resurrected Imhotep. A High Priest ritualistically cursed to suffer in death for seducing the pharaoh's new bride-to-be, Anck-su-namun. She was executed for betraying the pharaoh. She had revealed that she loved Imhotep, not Seti, the pharaoh. Imhotep caused quite a bit of mayhem after being brought back, and he had only one goal in mind, bringing back the love of his life."

Ardeth took over the story, "Before Imhotep was captured and cursed, he had taken Omorose to use as a sacrifice. With her death, Anck-su-namun would arise. However, the ritual was disturbed by the Medjai, sending Omorose through time. Omorose appearance in this particular time was not by accident."

"What do you mean? She's Egyptian, shouldn't she have shown up in Egypt? In the original place she disappeared from?" Stefan questioned. "We're not sure why Omo appeared where she did. We have a theory on why she appeared when she did," Evie joined the conversation. The whole plane has been listening.

Bonnie asked Evie, "Why do you think she showed up? What's your theory?" Evie cast a look at a sleeping Omo before answering, "Nefertiti was tasked with guarding something sacred, however, she didn't want the responsibility. Nefertiti felt such a task was beneath her, so she passed it on to her twin, Omorose. When I told Omorose that we learned it is the year of the Scorpion, she informed me of her task. She was or is guarding the Bracelet of Anubis, last worn by the Scorpion King over 3,000 years ago. The Bracelet leads the wearer to Ahm Shere, the Scorpion King's Oasis. If Imhotep gains the bracelet, he will find Ahm Shere, raise the Scorpion King so he can be killed, then Imhotep will have control of an army of the undead. Anubis' Army."

A sudden bout of coughing was heard from Omorose. She had woken up with the same itching in her throat. Evie turns to Omo, speaking in Ancient Egyptian, "Again?" Omorose nods her head with a hand over her mouth. Evie looks around the cabin and sees the coffee maker, "Coffee pot. Quickly." Stefan being the closest to it, grabbed and handed the empty coffee pot to Evie. It was placed in front of Omorose in time to catch the second scorpion.

Bonnie covered her mouth to stop her scream, "Oh my god. That's where the other scorpion came from?" "Yes. It is why we called you. To see if there was anything in your grimoire that could explain what's happening to Omorose," Elijah calmly answered. "Yeah, okay. I'll see what I can find," Bonnie nodded her head and went into her bag to look through her grimoire.

Omorose was now very uncomfortable. Her throat hurt and she was nauseous once again. Stefan could see the discomfort since he has not sat down yet. He asked Evie, "What's the Egyptian word for sleep?" Evie gave him a confused expression but told him anyway. Stefan knelt in front of Omorose, carefully grasping her face with both hands so she'd make eye contact, "Sleep."

The cabin watched as Omorose slowly fell asleep. "She should sleep for the rest of the flight," Stefan stood up and went back to his seat. Ardeth stopped Stefan before he sat down, "What did you do?" Stefan gave a small smile, "I didn't hurt her if that's what you're wondering." Damon rolled his eyes at Saint Stefan before giving an explanation, "It's called Compulsion. A strong form of hypnotism used by vampires (Klaus cleared his throat) and hybrids to make someone do anything." Damon rolled his eyes again at the hybrid dick, who had a smug look on his face.

The rest of the flight was spent relaxing, reading through grimoires, watching the scorpion try to climb out of the coffee pot, and preparing for a fight. You can guess who was doing what. It seemed the only one's relaxing were Damon, Evie, and Omorose, who stayed asleep until they landed in Cairo, Egypt at a private airstrip owned by the Mikaelsons.

Everyone was loaded up in two black SUVs as they headed for the estate Elijah had acquired some years ago. The seating arrangement was awkward, but nobody argued except Rick who didn't want his wife riding with the Mikaelsons. Elijah, Klaus, Kol, Omorose, and Evie in the leading SUV. Followed by Rick, Ardeth, Damon, Stefan, and Bonnie, who was still studying the scorpion. She continued to look at the scorpion and spoke to everyone in the vehicle, "This Scorpion's coloring is strange. The pincers and tail end seem to be gold toned." Stefan and Damon took a closer look and could see what Bonnie was talking about.

Omorose stuck close to Evie's side after waking from her forced sleep. Omo spoke to Evie, "Where are we?" "Cairo, Lower Egypt. Ardeth informed us that Imhotep is to rise the next evening. We are going to find the Bracelet of Anubis before they do." Evie told Omorose. The Egyptian nodded her head then turned to look out the window again, watching the scenery pass by with barely concealed excitement.

Once arriving at the Estate, the Mikaelsons gave a small tour, showing everyone to a guest room making sure to place Omorose and the O'Connells next to each other in the same hallway as the Mikaelsons. Dinner was to be served shortly so everyone went to freshen up. During the meal, a plan was formed to split up into two groups. Rick, Ardeth, Damon, Kol, and Bonnie would head to the British Museum to try and stop Imhotep from rising. Then Elijah, Klaus, Stefan, Evie, and Omorose will go retrieve the Bracelet of Anubis since Omo knows it's location.

None of them was prepared for what's to happen the next evening, one of their own will be taken.

AN: Omorose may have studied magic, but she did not practice. It is why she was able to be compelled. The Mikaelsons are showing their protective side already.

Why do you think Omorose keeps coughing up Scorpions? Any theories?