- 2 ; cool

I was a little on edge, Jason was acting weirdly at school and taking his stress out on everyone else. I knew he was nervous for his basketball game later but Chrissy and I hate Jason when he's stressed, he's horrible to be around.

Drawing had always been my favourite method of calming down, that sound of a pencil scratching against paper was oddly therapeutic to me, besides, it helped me get better at art too.

I didn't really have any talents, my mom wanted me to be a musical prodigy so she bought me a guitar, I couldn't get the hang of it so the guitar was still propped up collecting dust in my room.

She tried to get me into ballet, that didn't work out either. I grew up watching my friends go to their sports clubs and their dance lessons while I didn't do anything simply because I couldn't do anything.

Drawing was okay. At least I was getting better at it.

I held my latest drawing up to the wall, a deer sketched out in pencil, I hung it on my wall along with my other drawings.

My door creaked open which immediately alerted me, I knew it would be Mike so I didn't bother turning around.

"Go away, Mike." I groaned.

"I'm not Mike, uh- anyway, sorry about this, I was looking for the bathroom." It was a voice I recognised.

My eyes widened when I turned around, Eddie Munson was standing at the door to my bedroom.

Mike probably invited him over as usual. It wasn't a strange sight to see Eddie in my house but he'd never been in my room, it was weird, it felt invasive to have him seeing my room, my safe space.

He was dressed in another one of his all black outfits, sometimes he'd wear some denim to change things up a little, like today. He had pins on his denim jacket but I couldn't really see what they said. I couldn't stop thinking about how much he'd suit some piercings.

And then I realised I was spending abnormally long staring at Eddie Munson.

"It's the door opposite mine." I tell him quietly, not really sure what else to say.

"Thanks, did you draw those?" he asks, pointing at my wall.

I nod, he smiles.

"Cool." he says, and then he's gone.

Weird.

...

I attended most basketball games at school because Jason was on the basketball team and Chrissy didn't like going to watch by herself, it was pointless to bring me because she was cheering while I was sat on the bleachers next to Max Mayfield.

"Do you think that Hellfire Club is a little weird or is it just me?" I ask her over all the noise of people yelling and cheering at the basketball team.

"The guys in the club are kinda strange, I don't question it though, Lucas likes them so they're probably chill." she shrugs, passing me her half eaten bag of chips.

"Aren't they like a cult though?" I ask, that's just what I've been told.

"No, you actually believed that?" Max laughs, "They just play D&D, they're harmless nerds."

The game continued for a little while, I must've zoned out.

The crowd roared once again but I didn't really know what was going on since I wasn't paying much attention to the game.

I was suddenly very aware of my surroundings, every little noise, every little scrape of a shoe on the floor began to invade my ears, it was like my brain was going into overload.

Everything became scrambled, everything I was hearing became a mass of sound and everything I was seeing became a blur of motion.

Not here, not now.

I clenched my hand into a fist and began to dig my nails into my hands in a desperate attempt to confuse my brain, maybe the feeling of pain will override the panic setting in and I'll be able to calm down.

Not working.

"I'm gonna go get some fresh air, stay here, I wouldn't want you missing the game." I tell Max, forcing a smile as not to worry her.

I shuffled past a few people until I reached the stairs of the bleachers and began to rush down them without making it too obvious that I was in an urgent situation.

I managed to get towards the door without blocking too many peoples' views of the game, my heart was pounding as I pushed the cold metal of the door to finally reach my escape.

I'm praying nobody is out here.

☆ ☆ ☆

AUTHOR'S NOTES: i'm very excited to post the next chapter lolol

not proofread so plz point out any spelling errors if there are any 😇

feel free to vote if you enjoyed this chapter, it helps others find this book which really helps me out <3