- 12 ; tension

"Valerie Wheeler, I really did not expect this from you. Starting a food fight? I'm disappointed." Mrs Peters sighs.

Eddie, Gareth and I had managed to get a detention for the food fight in the cafeteria, which was expected. I'm not really sure why Gareth was there, all he did was throw a carrot.

"Sorry to interject but technically it was me who started the food fight." Eddie corrects her with a smile.

"Just go sit down." she shakes her head and points towards the desks.

I sat down at a desk towards the back, Eddie sat next to me and Gareth sat on the other side of Eddie.

It was only us in the room which didn't make sense because there was at least 20 other students involved in the food fight, it seemed like favouritism that only Hellfire members were punished.

Gareth raised his hand, earning a sigh from Mrs Peters.

"Can I ask why I'm here?" Gareth tilts his head.

"Because you, along with these two delinquents, took part in a food fight. Absolutely immature behaviour."

"He threw one carrot." I tell her, trying to come across calmly but in reality I was trying to hold down a laugh.

"It wasn't even a big carrot, it was one of those small, soft ones. What are they called?" Eddie begins to look like he's deep in thought.

"Baby carrots. I threw a baby carrot." Gareth nods.

Mrs Peters looked tired of everything, she didn't have the strength to argue, she really just could not be bothered.

"A small, innocent baby carrot." I turn to Gareth with a frown, shaking my head in disapproval.

"Gareth, you're staying here whether you like it or not. And as for you, Valerie, I believe you're mixing in with the wrong crowd." Mrs Peters sits down at her desk, "Get some homework out."

I reached down into my backpack to grab my literature homework, all I had to do was annotate a few chapters of a book.

"Personally, I think it's inappropriate for a teacher to tell a student who they should or shouldn't be friends with." I say aloud as I mindlessly start highlighting parts of my book.

"My apologies, Valerie. I was simply trying to express my concerns." Mrs Peters apologises.

I watch as Eddie pulls an instrument out of his backpack, it was a recorder. I didn't know he played the recorder.

"Mrs Peters, my homework is to practice playing songs on my recorder, can I start playing it or is that not allowed?" Eddie asks.

"Fine, go ahead."

Eddie begins to play his recorder absolutely terribly, just completely off tune and shaky. I glanced at Gareth in horror, I saw he had his head on the desk and was silently laughing.

"Jesus, good thing you're practicing." I said, holding in my laughter.

I knew how good Eddie was with instruments, he was obviously playing it badly to annoy Mrs Peters, I went along with it.

He then started playing the highest note he could, and he started holding this note. It was the worst sound I'd ever heard, Gareth was practically crying with laughter at this point.

"All of you, just go home. I'm getting a god damn migraine." Mrs Peters sighs.

We all grabbed our stuff immediately and followed Eddie out of the room while he was still playing his recorder like he was the pied piper.