Okay. She's Ready

•••

"So, this plan?" wonders Robbie, stifling through boxes with Dustin and Lucas as they search for old clothes that El can wear. "Are you sure it'll work?"

"No," Dustin comments, his baseball cap sliding down his face. He shifts it on his head. "But Mike seems to believe that he's still out there."

"Yeah," scoffs Lucas. "'Cause he's in love with Eleven."

Robbie sighs, pushing aside an old pirate's costume. "Well, when you care about someone, you'd do anything for them. Even if it sounds insane as shit."

Dustin raises an eyebrow at Robbie. "You mean like how you believe Chris is a wizard?"

"A wizard?" Robbie pauses. "Whoa, wait. I'm here because she asked me to come."

"When you could've gone to school instead?" counters Lucas, holding up a pink dress. Dustin nods in agreement to his find.

"As opposed to you two? You're skipping school."

"To find our friend," Dustin adds, placing a blond wig on his head.

Lucas gives him a thumbs up. "You love her," he coons to Robbie. The two of them start chanting those three words over and over. "You love her!"

"Hey! Hey! All right. You know, that's already been established, dipshits. In many ways," he adds. He throws a pair of pink shoes to Dustin. "Let's go." He stomps up the stairs, leaving the two young boys to exchange smirks.

"Okay," Chris slips out of Nancy's bedroom, having helped El with the wig and dress and a bit of lipstick. "She's ready." Chris moves toward the end of the stairs, ready to find Will as soon as possible.

"Wow," Dustin smiles at El's appearance.

"She looks..." Lucas begins, his face softening.

"Pretty. Good," Mike corrects. Chris and Robbie share knowing looks. "You look pretty good."

El stares at herself in the mirror on the wall. "Pretty. Good," she whispers.

Nancy and Ronda are sitting in an empty classroom with Officers Powell and Callahan. Their parents, Karen Wheeler and Ronald Jones are sitting beside them. The two girls are midway into explaining what happened on the 8th of November.

"This argument you and Barbara had? What exactly was it about?" inquires Powell, staring at Nancy.

"It wasn't really an argument," corrects Nancy. "Barb just wanted to leave. I didn't, so, I—I told her to just go home." Nancy glances over at Ronda, who folds her arms.

"Then what?"

"Then I went upstairs to put on some dry clothes." Nancy refuses to look over at her mother.