3.

KENNEDY

KENNEDY

"There's a smile" Daryl chuckled, tossing me a blanket. "Haven't seen you smile in what feels like months"

"Why would I? It's the end of the world, right?"

"And your still alive, right?" I rolled my eyes at his response, watching him sit down next to me. "Where's Judith? I thought you were supposed to be watching her"

"With Carl. I don't think he trusts me that much" he chuckled and shook his head, pulling something from his pocket.

"Went into town, picked up a little something that Hershel said you'd like" he handed the item to me, I instantly smiled.

"He knows me well" i stood up, putting the brown and white flannel around me, looking in the mirror. "Thank you"

"Personally, I think I can pull it off better but maybe that's just me" he shrugged and i rolled my eyes watching him stand up.

"Looks great" i turned my head hearing Sasha's voice. She had what looked like a sandwich wrapped in tin foil in one hand and a water in the other. "Brought you some lunch. You hungry?"

"Thanks, Sash" she handed me the food before turning her attention over to Daryl.

"Rick needs you outside. He told me to come find you first but I figured I could just kill two birds with one stone, y'know?"

Daryl gave me a look before walking past her, Sasha sighed as she turned to me.

"He's just hard on new people. You know that" i sat at the table, laughing and giggling echoing through the other room as the children ran through the cell block. "Slow down!" I called out, obviously none of them listening.

"Their lucky we have good defense" she sat down across from me. "You doing okay?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as i took a bite of the sandwich, "why wouldn't I be?"

"I just haven't seen you all day.. that's all"

Sasha and me have grown close over the short period of time we've known each other. We'd always keep watch together, talk about our problems to each other, and i could count on her for anything.

Sasha's my bestfriend. And i can say that surely.

"You look so much older then 14, Ken"

"My birthdays next week" i sighed and her eyes widened. "Don't tell any of the others though, okay?

"Why not? We could-"

"No!" I quickly cut her off, my raised voice obviously surprising her. "I'm sorry.. I just don't want this to be a big deal, Sash. I don't wanna cause trouble"