4.

A FEW DAYS LATER

A FEW DAYS LATER

A few days have went by since Kennedy was last trained. Since then, she's been determined to train whenever she's able to. Rick and Glenn watching out for her when she did it.

"Maybe if you'd stop sitting on your ass, you'll actually do something" Kennedy rolled her eyes at Carl, standing up and crossing her arms at him.

"You know, you don't have to be such a dick. You don't let me do shit so what the fuck else am I meant to do?"

"Do what you do best" he shoved the shovel into the ground before looking back up at her. "Nothing"

Kennedy just let him walk. She knew that them arguing would just worry the kids and the last thing she wanted was a stern talking to from Hershel.

She rolled her eyes as he walked back up the hill, grabbing her gun before turning back, her heart jumping out of her chest when she turned.

"What the fuck, Aasim!" She pushed him as he laughed, although she didn't find what was funny. "I could've shot you!"

"But you didn't" he grabbed her hand, pulling her with him.

"Sim.. I have to-"

"I just wanna show you something" she sighed, following him as he pulled her to one of the watch towers, currently vacant.

Aasim is a 15 year old boy that came alone with the group of people from Woodbury. They grew somewhat close over the past month, always going to watch together, feeding the animals together, even though that wasn't his job.

Once they reached the top of the watch tower, Aasim instantly closed her eyes, not allowing her to see anything.

"Aasim.." she mumbled in a warning tone, he knew she didn't like not being aware, especially of her surroundings.

"Just stand right here" he stopped her after a few steps, finally lifting his hands from her eyes. "Open"

He had put lights up along the tower, it looked like a fairytale.

"Aasim.. you did this?" He chuckled, watching her touch the lights.

"You said you always wanted them in your room, so when I saw them on a run, i grabbed them" her lips creased into a small smile, it was unbelievable. "I was gonna put them in your room but they wouldn't let me in" she laughed, turning around to face him, pulling him into a hug and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Thank you so much" she sighed, his hands pulling her closer to him.

She pulled away, going to stand over the edge to look down on everybody. The sun was going down and the sight was too beautiful to miss. She wanted to stay there forever.

"Even when the world is falling apart, it's still beautiful" she smiled as Aasim stood next to her, watching as the kids laughed with each other down in the yard.

"Somehow you always figure out a way to find the positive in everything, Ken" he looked over at her, watching her smile.

He didn't want to admit it, but he thought Kennedy was the most beautiful girl in the world. He swore one day, he'd finally have the balls to tell her how he really feels, but today was not that day.

He admired her presence. In his eyes, she was like an angel sent straight from heaven.

She looked over at him, watching him smile, in return making her laugh.

"What?" She laughed, nudging his shoulder as he shook his head.

"Do you know how beautiful you are, Kennedy?"

It had caught her by surprise almost, before she could even respond the door had opened, catching both of their attentions.

"Dinner" Daryl said to them, but only staring at Aasim.

Aasim looked at Kennedy but Daryl was staring him down so much she knew not to go.

"I'll see you later" he nodded hesitantly before walking past Daryl, shutting the door behind him. "Don't"

"What? I didn't say anything" he shrugged and Kennedy rolled her eyes. "At least he tried to be romantic"

"Daryl, leave him alone"

"I don't trust him, Ken. He seems shady as hell"

"He's literally just a 15 year old boy who lost his entire family just like us. What's so shady about him?"

"I'm just saying, Ken. Teenage boys are teenage boys" she rolled her eyes and placed her gun back in her holster.

"I'm gonna go find Maggie, see if she needs help with Judith"

Kennedy knew Daryl was just being cautious. Daryl always looked out for her, their relationship was like brother and sister.

But sometimes, he could be a little excessive.

Walking into the cell block, the first person that caught her eye was Judith. She was laying in her carrier, coo'ing and waving her hands in the air as Kennedy walked up to her.

"Hi, princess" she smiled, picking her up from the carrier, watching her smile. "Your so pretty, you hungry? I think it's time for you to eat"

Kennedy took a look at the time and paper that they had to keep track of feeding her, making sure she wasn't already fed before preparing her bottle.

"Hey!" Kennedy laughed as Judith pulled her hair, pushing her hair to the side. "Not nice"

"You know, you might be better with her then me" Maggie's voice sounded from behind Kennedy making her turn around, smiling as she walked towards her. "Lil ass kicker's ready to eat!" She laughed as she took Judith from Ken, grabbing the bottle from her once it was done.

Kennedy sat down at one of the tables, watching Maggie with Judith.

"So.. who's that boy?" Kennedy looked up at Maggie, her eyebrows raised at her waiting for her answer. "I mean, you seem pretty fond of him to let him put a blindfold on you"

"It's not like that, Maggie" Ken shook her head, taking her jacket off watching Maggie shrug.

"I don't know.. it seems like you like him"

"I don't. And even if I did, I couldn't"

"Why not?" Maggie furrowed her eyebrows.

"It's the end of the world, Maggie. I gotta survive and think for myself. I don't have time to think about anybody else"

"I know it feels that way, but me and Glenn met because of the apocalypse" she shrugged. "You came to the farm right after Carl got shot and ever since then, you've watched us grow"

"But you guys are different. You can handle it.. I can't"

"Boyfriends we're never my thing. Past experiences weren't something I'd wanna go through again"

"What makes you think he's like the rest?"

"It's not that, it's just I can't take that chance, Maggie. That's it"

"What happen-"

"Any of y'all wanna tell me why there's lights on the tower?" The two looked over, seeing Rick with Carl trailing behind him.