Second Period: Challenge Time!

Karma and Nagisa walked to the train station together.

"Ne, is there anything special about your cousin?" Karma asked.

"I don't really think so." Nagisa shrugged. "But since the last time I saw her, she seems to have changed."
"How so?"

"She seems... Colder."

"Well, she did want to challenge me." Karma smiled.

"She did?" Nagisa sweatdropped.

"What was she like in the past anyway?" Karma didn't answer Nagisa's question.

"Well, she usually more open and stuff. She also smiled wider." Nagisa stated. "Well, maybe it could be that she hasn't gotten used to 3-E. After all, it was only her first day. She needs more time to get comfortable."

"Mm." Karma shrugged.

The duo finally reached the train station.

"Oh. A convenience store," Karma pointed out. "All that time I spent at home during suspension made me forget about it. I'm going to buy some soda. Want anything?"

"Nope, I'll just wait here." Nagisa smiled. Karma nodded and ran off. Soon he was no where to be seen.

"Oh.. It's Nagisa."

Nagisa turned around to face two of his ex-classmates.

"He's completely gotten used to Class E though."

"How lame. There's really no coming back to our class from there." They started to laugh. Nagisa stayed silent.

"Plus, it looks like even Akabane who was suspended is back and in Class E."

"Uwah.. That's the worst! Even if it kills me, I don't wanna end up there!"
Crash!

"Shut up."

On their left was Karma, who was holding up a broken glass bottle. He pointed it at them with his trademark smirk.

On their right was Aretha, who had her right leg raised and bent, ready to kick either of them in the face. She had a slight frown on her face.

"Eh... So you wouldn't want to end up with us even if you die.." Karma moved the broken glass closer to their faces. The two boys were shaking in fear. Aretha kept her leg steady.

"Then how about dying right now?" Aretha and Karma said at the same time.

"Uwah!" The boys fled. Karma tossed the glass behind him while Aretha lowered her leg. Nagisa just stared at them, speechless.

"Cowards." Aretha muttered. "What's the problem with being in Class E?"

"That's just how messed up the school system is." Karma shrugged.

"Hmm.. Nagisa, you okay?" Aretha asked.

"Y-yes, I'm fine." Nagisa muttered.

They could possibly become best friends, Nagisa thought. Karma and Aretha are kinda similar.

"But say, what was that?" Karma asked.

"That?"

"You were holding up your leg just now, wanting to kick them. You know how to fight?" Karma asked.

"Not really." Aretha sighed. " Slow reflexes, plus I'm too tiny and weak."

"Kinda expected." Karma teased.

"Oy." Aretha sweatdropped.

"But man, I really wanted to kill those guys." Karma laughed. "But.."