|R1| - Drifting on repeat

**THE CHAPTERS WITH R IN FRONT OF THE NUMBER ARE THE REWRITES, THEY ARE THE ONES YOU SHOULD READ. IF YOU HAVE READ THIS BEFORE THE REWRITE, PLEASE FORGET THE OLD STORYLINE, SINCE IT HAS BEEN SCRAPPED.**

---

It wasn't easy, trying to survive. YN knew that very well.

Her hands pushed up from the cold wet ground, her breath coming out in short bursts. Her muscles burned from their use, and her lungs scorched from lack of air.

She knew how difficult it was trying to survive in a place, where you were meant to die. 

Her feet thumped against the ground, pushing herself forward. Her head turned quickly to glance over her shoulder.

In a place where everything-

A growl or a roar of some sort filled the air.

-wanted you dead.

Her scream was the last thing to be heard.

---

[HAWKINS 1959]

Cordelia let out a calm breath of air as she stared up at the house in front of her. She could feel a power resonating inside the house and it called to her like a siren. She had to see it, feel it for herself.

Flattening the creases on her dress, she stepped forward going up the stairs. She lifted her hand to knock when suddenly the power pulsed from inside. Her eyes, shimmered gold for a brief moment before she forced her eyes to calm to their normal dark brown. Her lips curled into a smile as she knocked on the door, and was met with a man. 

"Hello? Can I help you?" The man asked, staring at her confused.

Cordelia smiled. "Yes, I was told this was the Ballard residence. I'm here to apply for the maid position. I can see why you might have requested one, this does appear to be a rather large house."

The man's brows furrowed together in confusion, opening his mouth to deny it before Cordelia used her latest power to convince him otherwise.

He stared for a moment before smiling and shaking his head. "Ah, yes. I'm sorry it must have slipped my mind. Please come in, and make yourself comfortable. I'll go and get the wife and kids."

He closed the door behind her, as she walked into the living room. She smiled as her eyes drifted towards the family photos, feeling the power growing closer at the sound of footsteps.

"Who are you?" A boy's voice asked from behind her. 

She slowly turned on her heel, her eyes flashing golden again. His blue eyes stared up at her coldly as she smirked down at him.

"I'm Cordelia. I'm the new maid." She knelt in front of him. "And you are?"

He stared at her for a moment. "Peter Ballard."

She lifted her hand towards him, and he looked at it before shaking her hand. "I have a feeling we'll be getting to know each other very well Peter."

---

[HAWKINS PRESENT TIME]

YN slowly opened her eyes, feeling her head thumping. Dots danced around her vision as she forced herself to sit up, pain shooting through her body. It took her a moment to register the cold feeling that surrounded her. Her breath appeared in front of her as she exhaled heavily, coughing as her breath caught in her throat.

As her vision cleared, she glanced around in confusion. 'Where was she? What happened?'

She jumped as she heard the sound of distant footsteps hitting metal floor grates. She glanced down at herself, noticing the bandage around her right arm. The small patches of blood had bled through the thin white fabric. Her normal clothes were changed into white sweat pants and a sweater. But they barely kept her warm.