𝟎𝟏. BULLSHIT

CHAPTER ONE'bullshit'

CHAPTER ONE
'bullshit'

"IT'S BULLSHIT!" Lydia Mayfield shouted, her face twisted in irritancy as she sat at the dinner table with her food untouched. Maxine, her sister, and Billy Hargrove, step-brother, were staring at their food and trying to mind their business. Susan and Neil both glaring at the girl for starting yet another argument. "It's my education, which means it's my decision on whether I choose to work at home or not. And I refuse to go back to school ever again!" She continued, her voice raised.

"Lydia, this is a new town. Which means a new school, a new chance, a new life. I understand that you're still upset with what happened in California but it's been months— you'll need to move on eventually, sweetheart." Her mother tried to tell her, similar blue eyes reaching eachothers whilst the younger Mayfield raised a brow in disbelief.

     "Are you seriously telling me to just 'move on?' Do you even- do you even care about what happened at home?!" She argued, "I mean- obviously you did, seeing as it took weeks and weeks for you to even look me in the eye. Why are you acting so mature and understanding now?!" Lydia could see the table shaking, shaking just as much as her hands whilst her muscles froze up and her jaw began to clench— trying to stop the urges of jumping at her mother.

Suddenly, a fist had slammed onto the table, cutlery clinging together as they each jumped, looking towards Neil Hargrove. "Never talk to your mother like that, Lydia. We had all the reasons to be embarrassed and disgusted by your behaviour. As do you have all the reasons to go to school. Perhaps if you weren't so eager to throw yourself at that young man, this wouldn't be a problem of which you're making it to be!"

Lydia stared at him, tears prickling her eyes at her step fathers cruel words. He didn't understand, they didn't understand. She kept telling herself that for months and months on end. To the cops, to her parents, to Charlie.

    Charles Alden was Lydia's first boyfriend, first kiss, first time and first heartbreak. She wasn't sure if it was the utter betrayal that made her crazy enough to smash his car windows in. But that was crazy enough for her mother to send her to a psychologist for evaluation.

I.E.D. Intermittent Explosive Disorder. Or, in the forms of Lydia Mayfield's words, 'raging anger issues.'  Less common in females, though Lydia was just so lucky to have it. It was said to have been caused by trauma, probably the years of severe bullying she'd faced up until she started dating Charlie. Star Football player at her old school.

    She'd been warned countless of times to watch out. That he couldn't be trusted yet Lydia didn't listen, he refused to let her listen. And she allowed herself to be completely swallowed up in the lies he fed her day-to-day. That is, until a few months ago. She'd found him cheating on her with one of her good friends at home, and the hurt that flowed through the veins eventually bursted them.