𝟎𝟐. KING STEVE

CHAPTER TWO'king steve'

CHAPTER TWO
'king steve'

       HERE'S THE THING ABOUT LYDIA MAYFIELD; She hates people. Not in a different and quirky way, but in a- every single person she's ever met has let her down way. This meant the girl wouldn't want to be a hundred percent into being close with someone unless she was a hundred percent sure that the person was going to stick. So yeah, call her shallow, bitchy, just generally rude. But in her eyes, the more people she lets into her life— the more that stab her in the back on their way out.

   At one point, she thought it was just her. That she was the problem. She was unconsciously doing things that drove everyone away from and to hate her. But then an entire new mindset suddenly settled in, where she wouldn't take accountability for mistakes she never made. She would stop flooding the blame onto herself and instead drown it onto other people.

  And it worked, in all fairness. Seeing as- although she had no friends, she also had no worries or guilt.

Which was why a distasteful sneer was stuck on her face as she walked out of her chaotic History lesson, arms crossed and trying to weave through students. That is, until two girls had approached her eagerly, giggling as they spoke whilst she watched them with raised brows.

"Hi, you're Billy's sister, right? Lydia?" The taller one asked, and the Mayfield stared at her for a moment, before replying snarkily. She wasn't sure why those words leaving anyones tongue irritated her so much, her and Billy usually got along. Not very well, but they were better than they used to be when they first were introduced.

      The thing that did make Lydia believe that Billy Hargrove was yet another spawn of Satan— just like his father? That would be the way he treated Max. She was thirteen years old, and had barely come to terms with the drastic change in her lifestyle. She was still growing, learning. Yet for some reason, the Hargrove piled all of his anger onto her.

    He absolutely hated her guts, and being the overprotective sister she is? Lydia wouldn't let him get away with being a prick. And she didn't.

"Step-sister."

"Well, I'm Tina, this is Carol. I was wondering.... um-," Tina almost sounded nervous, glancing at the shorter girl next to her and trying to hide her smirk before turning back to the Mayfield. "Do you wanna go to a party this weekend? At my house, almost everyone is coming. That includes some hot dudes dressed in sexy costumes." She asked, sending the redhead a wink at the end, who just looked at her blankly, face void of expression.