Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Memories

A new day, a fresh new life for a young high schooler. It only felt like yesterday for him to know about the existence of a man eating creature that could be roaming about.

"Onii chan, daijoubu?" His younger sister asked him

"Hai." He simply said

"You seemed happy today. Don't be late for school." His sister reminded him

After the door close shut, he finished his morning cup of joe and gets ready to walk to school. He wears his tie and jacket uniform whilst looking in the mirror. He corrects his hair style and now he's ready for school.

He exits the house locking the door with the house key he carries. He walks by the park and already he can see some people exercising and children playing around the slides and swings. This will be drastically different if they knew about the demons he thought. Continue on, his journey to the school was like any other day. Average he would call it.

When he finally reaches the school gate, he took a good glance at the outdoor area where students would hang out before class. Then he spotted the security guard they had hit last night. He quickly scoot on by trying to not seem suspicious by them. He reaches to the shoe locker section and immediately, he found her.

'It's her. Should I greet her? How do I know if she's still Kanao-san? You know what, just greet her already.' He thought in a split second

"Ohayo, Komi-san."

As soon as he did that, the person jolted in surprise. She looked back and saw him standing there. She bowed a few times as her way of greeting back. This alone made him feel a massive relief.

'She's back.'

"..........."

'Should we head to the classroom now?'

"Ah, forgive me. Yes, we should. Please wait for me."

Being stared at for too long, Komi-san wrote inside her notebook trying to break the awkwardness between them. Tadano realized this and quickly change his shoes with her waiting on him. It didn't take long for them to walk towards their classroom and sat down in their seats.

'She looks fine as always. Does that mean that-' His thought was cut off

"Ohayo Komi-san!"

'Ohayo.' Komi-san wrote

"Ohayo Ino- I mean, Najimi." Tadano corrected himself

"Hmm? Did you forgot my name, your childhood friend?" Najimi leans in on him

"M-my mistake. I'm just not fully awake yet."

"Hm, alright then."

"Ohayo Komi-san." Agari enters into view

'Ohayo.' She showed to Agari

"Ohayo Zen- Agari-chan." Tadano slipped once more

"Are you alright buddy? Did you catch a fever or something?" Najimi puts a hand on his forehead

'Are you sick Tadano-kun?' Komi asked feeling concerned

"I'm alright Komi-san. You don't have to worry about me that much."

"Oh, anyway. Did you read the manga?" Najimi switches topic

"Which one?"

"The ones about demon slaying."