Chapter Six

okay, remember Comment, vote, share, and follow!!!

Enjoy!!!

She played hide and seek with some of the children. She looked behind the curtains and in the shadowy corners of the place they called home, hunting, as she walked she saw little feet pull themselves up underneath the tablecloth and she smiled in amusement and bit her lips deciding to let her off the hook until she heard a little sneeze followed by, "oops." She heard the sound of little hands and feet scrambling to get away, next thing she knew a three-year-old Amber made a mad dash for it and she was so fast she could run a derby. While she was focused on little Amber's getaway another little one was slowly trying to sneak past her aiming to make a run for it as well, "Gotcha!" Katherine exclaimed as she scooped her up and the child burst into a fit of giggles at her capture, "What do you say to catch the rest of your friends, Miss Ava?" 

Little Ava nodded in excitement and when her feet hit the ground she shouted, "GET 'EM!" Her little arms were thrown in the air as she had already claimed victory for her mission. She and Katherine systematically tagged out all the players until there was no one left standing. All of them are now reduced to a mess of laughter on the large children's area rug. The children loved playing with her and they enjoyed sharing a laugh as well. She was like an older sister to them.

Soon it was time to board the church bus, so, that they could be taken back to the church campus. Some people had come in their vehicles and left the same way they came, but Katherine liked riding on the bus instead of driving there alone. When she went to board the bus a gentleman was standing at the door helping the women onto the bus. He wasn't the same man who had helped them all board earlier though he smiled at them just as warmly.

***

^ Aleksander Volkov AKA Uncle Sasha ^

Though Ethan never worked a Sunday in his life he insisted that she was always there, which annoyed her, because it felt as if she was simply there just to be there. She wondered what family event she would be invading today. When She had arrived at his home today Ethan had her change into a blue dress; a baby blue color which as she now sat in the car that he drove appeared suspiciously close to the color of his suspenders. She'd never seen him wear suspenders before this and though he looked dashing as always, she couldn't help but wonder why she had to change in the first place. Though she did not protest much at the request- besides she figured this gorgeous dress now belonged to her and assumed she wouldn't be asked to return it.

Ethan could feel her eyes on him as he drove the car toward his parent's home, "Yes, Katherine?" He knew she wanted to talk, the car ride was silent so far because he had not turned on the radio. She often experienced headaches when exposed to prolong noises. He knew that. He also knew she hated coming in every Sunday when he wasn't giving her any work to do. He never discussed work on Sundays they just spent time with his family which she seemed to enjoy. His family was aware by now that she was indeed his mate. To them, it was rather obvious though they all stayed quiet pretending not to know all silently agreeing not to address it.