Chapter Seven

okay, remember Comment, vote, share, and follow!!!

Enjoy!!!

Katherine woke up at six in the morning and went into the bathroom to wash her face, hands, and feet so that she could pray. This was a recent habit she was forming, though she was fully aware it was not always necessary for her to do so before praying she liked washing before prayer. She had been engaging in prayer long before she walked into the bathroom, she always liked to speak to her Father immediately when she woke up, but only she and her Father knew that because she spoke to him in her thoughts. She went back into the room and stepped out of her slippers before kneeling to pray. Conversing with The Creator gave her joy.

When she woke up, Katherine did not notice that Ethan had already woken up and left the room, as such, she did not hear when he opened the door, when he pushed open the door, he did not expect to find Katherine bowing down low praying he could hear her whispered prayer and he smiled realizing that she was whispering because she thought he was still asleep in the room.

He decided to leave with the breakfast tray his mom had sent up for Katherine. He would just text her to come down and eat later, he knew his family enjoyed spending time with his mate.

He knew she prayed, he would often hear her singing and praying at twelve every day when he walked by her office. He remembered the day he realized she had been praying at work; he attempted to reach her and could not, naturally, Ethan walked to Katherine's office worried something was wrong until he heard her praying. He decided not to disturb her, though after a while he discovered nothing could disturb her while she prayed; truly the whole building could collapse, and he was convinced she would continue to pray through it. He did not think anything could harm her and it seems that everything she prayed for or needed was provided for her.

His mother saw him descending the stairs with the breakfast tray untouched and gave him an inquisitive look, "She's praying, Momma." His mom nodded in understanding and turned back to continue cooking, "Where is Dad?" Ethan asked, his father was usually never far from his mother. Ethan worried that his father had some sort of high-functioning codependence in relation to his mother- it was strange even for a Wolf. He would soon realize that he was much the same when it came to his mate.

"Daddy's on a conference call with a Lawyer," She answered as she needed some dough. "Doesn't this smell good? I spent all last week learning to cook Southern cuisine. I noticed how much your daddy enjoyed it when we went down to visit your cousins in Texas, so, I thought I could learn and cook it and make it for him once in a blue moon- keep an old man smiling." His mother said beaming. Ethan heard his father's booming laughter echo through the house at his mother calling him an old man of course he could hear them from here, no wonder he was calm. His father typically never left his mother's side, and he took her everywhere with him.

Even though they were wolves he still found his father's behavior stranger than most others- even as a Purebred Alpha it seemed much to Ethan, who, hypocritically, had secret guards assigned to Katherine. To him, it was different because he trusted someone other than himself with her protection. He would soon find out that he and his father were much the same.

His father came from out from his office half an hour later with warm greetings, "Good morning, Krasostka (красотка)," he said embracing my mother as he kissed the crown of her head tenderly. His mother visibly sank into his father's warm embrace as she responded, "Breakfast smells almost as good as you my love, thank you, Zara you are always so sweet and thoughtful." Ethan's mother giggled like a schoolgirl as her husband peppered her with kisses, "I love you, Sweet Zara." He finally relented and began to help her make breakfast for the rest of their clan. Ethan was more than mortified when he heard his father say, "I could have breakfast and dessert if everyone had gone home last night," the old man grumbled, and Ethan would have melted from the embarrassment if he would have melted if he could have. His mother, on the other hand, burst into a fit of laughter but asked her husband to behave himself.