Chapter Eight

(let us use our imagination the chrome details are black)

Katherine was so excited to have these next few days off that she excused herself promptly after breakfast and ran up the stairs and into Ethan's room. She did not even waste time removing Ethan's hoodie and shorts which she dropped in front of the bathroom door before going in to shower. She instinctively locked the bathroom door behind her and walked over to the sink to floss and brush her teeth before hopping into the shower. Katherine smiled as she brushed her teeth with the cool mint toothpaste blue eyes sparkling mischievously as she did so; How many women would love to be in her position? Ethan wasn't all that bad, at times he annoyed her but he was an amazing man and she loved working for him.

She practically danced as she rinsed out her mouth and the sink. Katherine walked across the travertine floor pulled open the shower door stepped in pulled it closed behind her and proceeded to turn on the shower; Katherine let out a startled scream when ice-cold water fell on her skin and she immediately began to shiver as she reached for the control noticing that the water temperature was set to a jaw-dropping twenty-three degrees Fahrenheit her hands shook as she attempted to set the temperature a reasonable ninety-eight degrees. Her body relaxed as the water heated up but she could not help but pout for having experienced such unpleasantries.

Why on earth would the water temperature even need to be that low?

She grabbed the bottle of soap, squeezed a generous amount onto the exfoliating washcloth, and began lathering it on her body in nice circular motions when she noticed that the soap smelled like Ethan. Everything in this space smelled like him. What she didn't realize was how soothing that was to her senses. Last night she slept soundly in his bed wearing his clothes.

It was almost the same effect sleeping in her parent's room had on her... she felt safe and secure, but there was also something else; something that she could not yet properly identify, a warm fuzzy feeling that stirred in the pit of her stomach and made her giddy as she breath his scent in.