Chapter 11

Percy's POV

"Percy honey, the time is up" a voice occurred from the outside of my room.

I groaned and rolled on one side. Why the Hades did Hestia call me up so early. I didn't have the opportunity to have a full sleep last night. The thought of the duel with Ares kept making me struggling and rolling around the bed. Speaking of which...

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed and sat straight up from my position. How could I be so careless. I had been so prepared for the day and then I wake up late for it.

I ran to the bathroom and tried to take a shower. Well I tried. I stood under it for around thirty second and felt no presence of that coldness of the morning water. I stared up at the shower and my eyes widened in shock. The water was still running, yet they rolled off my skin and hair as if I were made out of some kind of waterproofing materials. I panic, and summoned Riptide and stood in a defensive stance, still ass-naked in the bathroom. Then when things have calmed down, I slapped myself for my own stupidity. It was probably Dad's power to allow me to enter his kingdom without changing to another outfit every time. What pissed me off even more was that I already knew I had this in me. Generally, I consciously allowed the water to soak my skin. I probably lost my brain this morning so unconsciously, my power turned me into some kind of waterproofing animal.

Sighing, I stepped out from the bathroom and put something on. As I half finished with my pants, my eyes darted to the mirror. Becoming a god has a lot of benefits, though. My shoulders and arms became broader as well as my chest. Those muscles at my torso now became so visible that if I wore a tight shirt, they would be seen. I knew I was too muscular and big for an eighteen years old adolescence. Only once blessed by the Fates, those muscles were magnified. Standing at 7 foot, I was topping over everyone at school. The problem was, I already possessed this body the moment I woke up from the street, the black alley near The Fifth Avenue. I couldn't understand how a kid living on the street for that long could sustain that certain mass. I decided to put those questions aside and rushed downstairs for breakfast

I saw Hestia at the kitchen, washing the dishes. She was in her thirties form, the only form she would appear around me. Generally, everyone would regard her as an innocent twelve years old girl. Oh boy they were so wrong.

I hugged her from behind, resting my chin upon her red hair and enjoyed the smell of burning marshmallows radiating from it.

"Is that pancake that I'm smelling?" I smirked.

"The sleeping prince has finally awoken" She teleported behind me and rubbed my hair. "What a miracle"

"Mom!" I whined, trying to push her hand away. "Your hand is full of soap. And you are messing up my hair!"

"It's already messy" Hestia rolled her eyes. "Tell me when have you ever combed your hair?"

"Well...uh..."

"I figured as much" she crossed her arm. "Anyway, you have to hurry otherwise Ares is going to start calling a coward for coming late."

"Oh right the duel" the memory came back as I hastily dashed to the table, picking up the folk and started digging into the pancakes.

"Percy! I know you are late. But that doesn't mean you can just swallow the food. Chew please." I heard Hestia calling from behind.

"Don't worry mom.." I managed to reply with a mouth full of food. "Food you make is too good to eat it slow."

Though I didn't see her, I knew that response had set a smile on her lips. Around five minutes, the towering pile of pancakes now was reduced to just a few spots of syrup.