Prologue: Chapter 1 - The Masterpiece's Experiment

Third Person POV

"KIYOTAKA, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Shouted the blonde-haired man with anger.

The blonde was pinned by a bundle of debris that collapsed from the intense calamity of the cataclysm that was placed upon the land. The brown-haired boy in question stared back at the blonde with empty eyes, devoid of all emotion and feeling.

"I'm leaving, Aether. Khaenri'ah has to bear the consequences of flying too close to the sun." The boy said with his usual carefree, monotone voice.

"You're going to allow innocents suffer for her actions?!" Aether exclaimed, as he glared at Kiyotaka with genuine, unadulterated anger and disappointment.

"There's nothing I can do, Aether. After all..." Kiyotaka paused, and a cold, uneasy aura started to envelope the shaking room.

"Everything went as expected." Kiyotaka said with a cold voice, as he started walking off, leaving Aether to suffer.

"Wha-!? NO NO NO NO... no no... no..." Aether screamed, as he slowly sobbed.

It was a sad sight for the boy, as he was sobbing. The constant explosions and shaking outside, threatening to demolish the building any second. The raining meteors. The intense fire spreading across the capital. The faint screams of despair from the citizens, as they slowly enter a slow, agonizing... curse.

"Wait!" Aether called out to Kiyotaka, before he could leave him for dead. He mustered up all his courage, though, still sobbing.

"Hm?" Kiyotaka let out a noise, lazily turning his head to the blonde to hear his possible query.

"Please... At least save my sister..." Aether begged him, with eyes full of desperation.

Upon hearing this request, the brown-haired boy was slightly shocked with his eyes slightly widened. After all, he expected that Aether would react more irrationally with screams and cries of anger and sadness. He didn't expect him to put his sister as a priority, with the common human nature of tunnel vision when blinded by their wrath and rage.

'These twins always manage to surprise me...' Kiyotaka thought.

"Sigh Very well. I'll take the trouble to save her and only her." Kiyotaka made it clear that he would not bother to save the other people's lives in this catastrophe. It was rather troublesome in his eyes after all.

"Th-... Thank you..." Aether thanked Kiyotaka. He then lowered his head and looked at the ground in melancholy.

Kiyotaka just took a quick look at Aether, before quickly turning around and leaving the vicinity.

Aether resigned himself in his position and accepted his nearing fate.

Right as Kiyotaka left the building, it exploded and the debris all went flying across the city. He took a quick glance at the destruction, before dashing off to the possible locations of the blonde female twin.

As Kiyotaka sped around the capital in full speed, he started to faintly hear the shouting of a familiar female voice.

"AETHER! WHERE ARE YOU!!!" The female blonde shouted near a cliff, seeing the destruction in the land.

Kiyotaka recognized her and ran towards her figure. He quickly climbed up the small cliff, and walked behind her.

"Lumine." Kiyotaka called out to the woman in front of him.